1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Well hows everyone's deer season drop offs coming.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by duxdown, Nov 26, 2013.

1. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Been a good year here at Bucks-n-Ducks season ended last Sunday and there still trickling in. God is good! ;D

2. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    Not good

3. cheapguy

cheapguy New Member

Bow season was really good. 1st gun season was super slow.

4. gab

gab Active Member

slow start.i need to take in 55 shoulder mounts in the next 4 days to match last November

5. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

Ahead on shoulder mounts behind on euros and ducks....DC

6. brikster

brikster New Member

Way up in euro mounts,way behind in shoulder mounts. Economy?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Our deer hunting goes from Sept through Feb. Still at bow season now, about same as last year so far with deer, 35-40, plus a lot more out of state big game.

8. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Almost the same as last year. Our gun season just opened. I just hope I can make it through the next 2 1/2 months without going crazy.

9. zubba

zubba Active Member

Been slow here. A lot of my work comes from WI opening weekend rifle season and that came & went this past weekend.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via TapaTalk 4

10. been slow here down about 20 deer from last year at this time theres 4 more days of rifle season and there coming in slow Ive even seen less bucks this year theres still time hope it pics up

11. I guess it being my first year idk. Lol. I will say I've took in around 10 euros and 20 shoulder mounts without really advertising. I'm working out of my garage this year. I hope to build a shop this summer. I've took in several coyotes and a few cats as I really enjoy predators. I'm also excited about a black back jackal and life size brocket. I just finished a Lynx. My favorite so far.

12. Man things must be alot different over there! Our seasons are pretty much over CAnt believe hunts are still going on over there.

Was a great year!! Would have been even better if we had some weather! Euro mounts are going crazy........absolutely SICK of them!!!!! Starting to think it causes the lower financial crowd to gather around the table. Might be best if I eliminate that part of the shop to get rid of the rif raff. Any thoughts?

13. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

I hate skull mounts, won't do them unless I get a nice cape out of the deal or if its a good returning customer.

14. jbconnected

jbconnected Member

Euros are up, everything else is slow. Keep telling myself it is not over yet.

15. I was already getting slammed and gun season just opened. The bulk of the euros come after thanksgiving so Im on pace to get 100+. I usually only get 10-15 local shoulders during the archery season, but I had that many this season from guys hunting out of state, mostly KY bucks. If opening weekend is any indication on how things will play out, im prolly gonna make some decent money this year if it dont kill me first.

Processing side of things is wide open. We took in 100+ from sat morning to sun night. :eek:

16. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I made over $20,000 off of just euro's alone last year and if anybody remembers a few years ago it was euro money that remodeled my shop. I can't see how anybody cannot make money off of them and learn to live them because of that :)

Season is pretty good.

17. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Its good if you have the time and space for simmering, rotting , bugs, weeks to months of degreasing and the weather is warm enough all year round. Not here. Limited time and to much mounting to do.

18. I love euros as well!! Sure, the mess and volume is sometimes a bit overwhelming, but I pay the lease, all utilities on the shop for a year with just Euros, and still have some play money left over. Theres really more profit in one than a gamehead.

19. Season started out great but business has fallen off the past 10 days.

20. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

I say keep them for two reasons. 1. You don't need skilled labor to do them, an easy area for an unskilled shop helper to be productive. 2. You get paid to advertise. All those guys coming into your shop will think of you first when their buddy gets the big one. It's kind of like the gloves for hides guys. Pain in the rear, but everyone in the county had been in their shop. What's the first place they think of when they need something done?