1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Kind of annoyed.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Michelle_Nelson, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

It is not very often I get unreasonable customers but for some reason this guy is really on my nerves. He wants to pull his deer before the contracted time is up and take it to another taxi that he has become buddies with since dropping it off with me.

I've already caped it off the head, split, turned, salted, and got it back from the tannery. It has also already been prepped, holes sewn up, ready to mount. I just havn't ordered the form and other supplies.

He doen't understand why I am charging him $175.00. . . . .

2. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

Ask me and 175$ is way to cheap. I would charge him a lot more for all the work you have done. In my shop once they sign the contract it`s to late especially if they want to go to another taxi he can do that next time

3. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Thats more than fair.

4. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

It's simple just don't give it to him unless he pays the cost for all your labor and materials. If he wants it that bad he can pay or set a court date. Either way you'll get your money.

5. That is more than a fair price. This is another good reason to require a 50% deposit that is non-refundable. Stick to your price and let him go to the other guy. You have more than likely lost him as a future client unless of coarse the new guy is a hack.

6. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

This reminds me. I was going to change my contract to state. "The 50% deposit will be forfit if this contract is nullified for any reason"
    Ralph

7. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Wow! Too cheap! If his new buddy wouldn't credit him AT LEAST $175 for a tanned cape, HE'S the one this clown should have a problem with. Check in time, caping, turning, fleshing, salting, shipping...I'd be out 3 hours (depending on how chatty the guy was) and $60. $175? A steal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Naturesway07

Naturesway07 New Member

That seems more than fair for the work you have already done.

9. Michelle I had a new client bring in a lifesize Bighorn........been at another shop for 2 years.......I charged him full price.....he had the form and a tanned skin

10. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Half down, no exceptions! Let him have it and move on. If he were to bring it to me he would pay full price, been there done that, sometimes the BS you have to work with is more work than if you started it yourself.

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Glue some earliners in upside down and give it to him, and tell him it is all ready for his buddy to mount. LOL

12. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I look at some of those as a blessing because that guy maybe the biggest pain in your backside you've ever had.

13. lrc1492

lrc1492 Member

LOL!!!

14. Michelle_Nelson

As much as I would like to. . . . I could never do it. Just don't have it in me to mess up someone's Trophy.

I try to be as nice as I can to clients and go out of my way to make them happy. It really gets on my nerves when they take advantage of it. I have had a hard time being firm with people. Something that I have been working on. I don't like being walked on.

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

You will have less stress to just charge for what you got into it at this point, turn it over, and look forward and forget it. You will never see them again anyway, and they will most likely not get a good of job that you would have done. Let them live with it.

16. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

17. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

After reading this can any of you post an official contract or template? I would like to have something with a concrete foundation.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Did you get a deposit from this guy? You really need to get 50% deposits on everything before going past the skinning stage. Your price is more than fair. In my shop, he could have it back, but would forfeit a $200 deposit.

19. Michelle_Nelson

Yeah I got my 50% deposit. Deer has almost been paid off.

20. Michelle_Nelson

Got 3 Phone calls and 2 E-mails from this guy just this week. Wanting a status on his deer. Surprised I didn't hear from him on Thanksgiving. I don't care how annoying this guy tries to be he is going to wait his ass in line like everyone else.