1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

OK, where did the NTA go to

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

George, READ my post and then answer this, 'Where does it say anything about you breaking the NTA with Greg Crains contract?' You must be having a guilty conscience because I guess that is what really happened!!!! Hahahaha!!
    Also, I don't have to defend Fred and my proposal for reimbursement. I don't care what you think frankly and your comments apparently isn't going to stop the NTA and Fred and I from working together. There are a couple of things that we have to work through but in the end I feel that we will be partners in a joint venture for one common goal!!! So, George, how is that for defending??? I know all of this is much to your dismay, and also Janelli's, but rest assured, we ARE getting things worked out. Unlike a couple months ago when NO ONE was working together......You know, hindsight is always 20/20 but I still stand by my statement that John Janelli was the problem.....it just didn't work out for him in the long run...!

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Now that Janelli & Kullis are both gone, who are you going to blame this time around?

I think Joe Kullis said it best, 50 years in the taxidermy industry and an impecible record, 6 month in the NTA and he's called horrible names (who does business like that?) and accused of things he did not do.

The NTA is a sick [expletive deleted]ing virus that needs to be put down.

3. Harry Whitehead

Michael, if you are speaking to me my answer is if the same bunch can stay in their current positions for a little while there will not be a reason to blame anybody of anything. Please remember that you had 20+years to unravel. Quite an undertaking and the healing process didn't start until 10/01/2013 so look at what has happened in just 2 months....plenty!

4. michael p.

What gets me Harry is I either like, respect or admire everybody involved including you.....but there is something about this organization that brings out the lowest common denominator in people's personalities.

I wish y'all luck & normally I am very positive...... but I just see the vicious cycle continuing.

Mark my words, Mitch, Jim & Creager are next...... like HW Jr. said 'its a family tradition'.

5. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Guys looks like it's time to pull the bill of you hats down, hold your cards and hope for the best. This thread has caused some very hurt feelings among good people. :(

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Harry, I'd expect an idiot like "Franklin" to post outright kes and distortion, but I thought you'd be above that. You know what a "secretary" does and what little influence the position holds. You know damned well that Craig Lewis and I were writing a professional , legal contract when the clique went behind our backs and board directives to give the Crains that 10 year POS. you also know that Craig and I wrote another contract for the ED after we wrote bylaws. And STILL you not able to man-up and admit what you're saying is a lie. People who know me know how I despise lies and lying. Guys like Franklin are simply a waste of oxygen to me and though you and I have often had words, I never thought you'd stoop that low. Eventually even the blind and dumb will see where the real truth lies. Good luck.

7. Fogvalley

Fogvalley New Member

Why exactly should the current leadership feel obligated to visit a forum? I don't know what happened and don't care, but I'd like to see this org. recover. But this thread and the few before are doing nothing to help whatever problems the NTA has/had. All you folks on both sides are doing is airing dirty streaked drawers where everyone and the brother can see them, thus contributing to the down fall. The NTA has no obligation to this forum, they probably have more members who don't get on here than they do that visit here. You want answers pick up your phone mail some letters, go to board meetings quit asking and blaming each other and do something besides calling names and pointing fingers. Shut your mouths and take action....it's like a few kids in messy room when mom says clean it up and everyone blames everyone else for the mess. I don't care who made the mess work together and clean it up or get outta the room and let mom do it for you. I'd love to join an organization but people on both sides of this are deffenitly not helping. This site is not the place IMO, just sayin.

8. Harry Whitehead

Honestly George, show me where I'm lying about anything. I made a comment about what you had said you had done for the NTA AFTER your resigned. You boasted that you wrote the ED contract and I merely commented that I wouldn't be boastful about it. Now tell me George, why or even HOW is that a lie. I didn't say it broke the NTA, YOU DID! I didn't say anything about Greg Crains salary, YOU DID!! So tell me George, what in the world did I lie about?? Just to be clear, you said AFTER you resigned, you resigned AFTER you wrote the contract if I'm not mistaken and the contract and the fact that your were blindsided is WHY you resigned...Correct?! So, now what else can you make up about me and what I have said.

Let's do this George, just quit posting. I will if you will. We are not going to get along, EVER! You stay away from me and I'll stay away from you. I don't think that you are good for this association but that is just my opinion and I'm sure you feel the same about me but the problem is I'm going to continue doing what I am doing with the current administration and others have the same goals in mind that I have. I really don't care if you like it or not and the folks that I am associated with feel the same way that I do. You can either show your support or sit on an egg, doesn't matter to me. Don't call me in private after all of this either. 3 times you've called to apologize only because you don't have the guts to do it publicly. I'm done with you.

Thank you Fogvalley, good advice and that is exactly what I'm going to do......

9. Harry Whitehead

BTW John, I hope you have receipts for the $4000 dollars that you received when you and the Crains changed bank accounts with the Conservation account. Just sayin.... You'd be amazed at what a fella can see when he entered all of this in the program. So everyone knows, Tim and I will be makin copies of all of this so more than one person has it.... Mr Bill had it pretty good too!!!!! Anybody ever wonder how he went to Africa???? There's gonna be some explaining to do in my opinion!!!! Lol
    Oh, and btw, not a single penny was deposited into the convention account in 2005.... Everybody must have come to the convention with credit cards and checks....

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. michael p.

To semi quote a Robert Earl Keen song, 'The Road Goes On Forever & The Fighting Will Never End'. Harry, I love you bless your heart, but you would never be typing the the verbiage you type if not for Janelli. He stuck his neck out for you & Greg Crain let you chop his..... there is no honor. JJ brought you to where you reorganizing stupid [expletive deleted]s are today and all you can say is PROSECUTE!! All the while I gotta listen to your right hand man Fred Vanderburg call me at 6:30
    AM on a Sunday morning to tell me that Joe Kulis does.not even deserve to breath air.

NTA is dead, pat yourself on the back, I seem who
    Wanted to 'save' it only saved it for themselves.

Joe Kulis doesn't deserve to breathe air.... **** YOU!

11. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

I'm not sure exactly what to say or how to say it because I'm quite perturbed....but here goes.

-I am severely disappointed to see grown men reduce themselves to such squabbling on a public forum. Not just any men......but INTELLIGENT men, HARDWORKING men, men considered by their peers to be LEADERS and MENTORS, PIONEERS of our industry no less! You're better than this, knock it off!

-Mudslinger posts like this aren't productive and they do absolutely NOTHING to promote positive change...not for the general industry, not for the NTA, not for your individual studios, and certainly not for your personal reputations. Conflict does not dissolve relationships, behaving disrespectfully when one arises does! People make mistakes, poor choices, bad judgement calls; it doesn't always mean they did it out of malice.

-I hear about soooooooooo much work needing to be done, suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a long road ahead for the NTA.....I'm done with that noise! I understand it's going to take time to sort everything out, believe me I do and If there is anything I, personally, can do to lighten the load...I'm here. If there is SO much to be done....hows about getting the f on with it instead of fighting on the internet?! 13 pages worth of "y'all should be ashamed o' yerselves" is time better spent in my opinion.

-I have faith in our board and committee members despite their differences and would like to see them have equally as much faith in each other. My two cents is that even if Mitch DID come on taxinet, he wouldn't get two words into his post before being ripped limb from limb by the lot of ya! I wouldn't want to update you bunch of hyenas either! He obviously isn't a coward because he isn't out of touch, he just seems to be taking the high road while things calm down. I'm sure he's more concerned with his work than this thread and every scathing word written on it...if that's the case, good for you sir and THANK YOU FOR WORKING!

-Also: JJ is honestly the last person I would expect to see STILL trying to explain things to people on this website after being slammed, bashed, and thoroughly cussed the way he has been. Thank you for having tact and for trying to get things sorted out instead of washing your hands of it and walking away like many others would have done in your situation. Your tolerance and dedication are admirable!

-Oh, last thing...."go pack sand" I believe is an insult that originated in the days when ships were ballasted with sandbags. Seamen ordered to fill the bags were subjected to the filth of the bilge. Basically it means: go away, stinky! :p :) I DO love you guys...seriously I do.....but please just be adults! Productive, respectable, goal-oriented, teamworking adults! xoxoxo!

12. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I guess my job today was that of mediator. LOL George loves Harry again, Harry loves George again, Fred loves Joe again, and JJ is loved by everyone, and Micheal loves everybody. Now can we go back to our corners and carry on with the tasks at hand? Oh, and everyone says: Franklin can go pack sand.

Hi Miss Janna. Love you too sweetheart.

13. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Taxigrl, have you ever sat in the balcony of the US legislature? Those of us here pale in the qualifications. Those "adult men" get more animated than we do. Harry and I share a common quality of biting back when our integrity is questioned. When we share a common ground,there may be some bloodshed. Trying to embarrass us with statements like yours is NOT going to change that.

Secondly, you are flat wrong about Mitch coming here. IF HE DID, I would ask that he answered only the questions I posed. I'm not interested in specifics, I'd like to just see a presence. I would fight just as hard to defend his answers as I've fought to hear him say them. Harry is off on a tangent as far as my original post anyway. As I said, I just think current NTA members deserve a presence. I doesnt have to be on this site but it should at least be on the NTA website. Currently there is no OUTLOOK, or newsletter. Members are in the dark and we need to feel the president is actively working for us. We don't need others speaking for him. HE IS THE PRESIDENT IF THE NTA.

14. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

So all of a sudden the NTA is some vital organization that we taxidermists need a gregarious president to lead us? Tone it down a few levels and get real George, good grief. If he isn't crooked and can keep from shooting the org. in the foot over and over, that would work.

Let the man work this $hit out already...

Jeff

15. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I can only relay this on, but I have spoke with Mitch and TODAY HQ has been in contact with the webmaster of the NTA website and the passwords have been gotten and Mitch does have his Presidential Letter ready to be posted. He will be addressing us very soon on the NTA website, so watch for his message to appear there, not here.

16. Harry Whitehead

My head hurts. I've been entering info into the program so I'm not going to entertain comments made tonite. See you guys in the morning..... BTW did you guys know that transfers were made by Frankie Thompson out of the general fund!!! Hahaha!! Just sayin!!!

17. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

Earlier today, after a very in depth phone conversation with NTA Vice President Jim Ellis and myself, some very misleading assumptions here have been cleared. A few of which are as follows:

1.) The NTA Board never voted or agreed to bind itself solely under Louisiana Law, thus implying that no bylaws are in effect.

2.) The NTA Board has not yet voted upon any new bylaws or amendments thus implementing the standing bylaws as was strictly adhered to per the immediate Past President's nominations of two replacement board members just prior to the termination date of office. Standing NTA Bylaws currently govern the NTA until the Board meets and addresses each revision.

3.) Current NTA bylaw reads:

Article IX - Board if Directors

Section 1. Board Members:

a.) Board of Directors Offices. The Board of Directors shall consist of all elected, all appointed Officers ex-officio, twelve (12) elected Board Members, and the immediate Past President ex-officio.

4.) No new committee chairpersons have officially been appointed, reappointed and or have replaced the previously resigned positions i.e. Financial Committee and or Reorganization Committee.

5.) Any expressed public or private accusations, opinions or personal grievances posted are certainly not those of the National Taxidermists Association, it's Officers or Board Members.

The position of the immediate Past President remaining as an active Board Member until either new bylaws are adopted or after the next election, will be in effect.

My sincere appreciation to Vice President Jim Ellis for shedding light on this situation.

John Janelli
    NTA Past President

P.S.

Janna, it's because members like you are worth it.

18. Harry Whitehead

Wasn't going to post but I have to ask, "what's your point John"?? You have all but named Fred and I so what's your deal? Just so you know, we, as in both Fred and I, are not head of any committees. So tell the world where you are going with your post!

Does the 'old' bylaws say anything about business partners???

19. michael p.

I read it easily, JJ has a say so.................yes, it was that simple.

20. Franklin

Franklin Guest

Very well said Jeff. I don`t know how the taxidermy industry can get along without this vital information from the "great and wonderful NTA".

A couple years ago they could of cared less, now they can`t live without it. That is what happens when you don`t actually have to work for a living.