1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

OK, where did the NTA go to

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Nov 27, 2013.

1. EA

EA Well-Known Member

LOL... I'm not touching that one Tim... If the Cowboys say they are one in the same, I'm good with it.

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Ayy Confucius say.....you wise man. ;)

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Harry, you need to talk to Hudson and share stories. You're both FOS. I have spoken to JJ in the last month but I think it was only once. And it certainly doesn't come from the Crains as I haven't spoken to them in over a year. If you want to know where the money went, ask Mitch. You claim he knows everything else. Why ask me, I'm not on that board and haven't been for years. REMEMBER???? You're falling into your same old line of blaming the wrong person. John doesn't supply me with any information so why beat up the guy who went out on a limb to save your sorry ass and bring you back into the fold? If that's gratitude, remind me never to help you out. I'm still waiting for my initial post to be answered while you're acting like Captain Jiffypop. Try to stay on topic.

OH, and BTW, Hudson, I served as NTA Secretary after 2007 and I ran against their hand selected "president" two years after that. What part of "silent" about the NTA did you miss there?? Now tell us just what is is you dreamed you contributed???????

4. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

5. The bird guys

The bird guys Member

Antlerman and George for NTA President/ vice president ;D

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

LOL You've been ingesting way to much Borax working on those birds. Perhaps a good respirator will help and your condition will better itself. Lets hope so. ::)

7. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Yea if you abolish what is left and start anew. There might be a foam plate and a wooden railing still afloat after the ship sunk. You could keep the letters NTA and it could stand for New Taxidermy Assoc. But after the cluster the old NTA is who would want the same Letters.

8. Franklin

Franklin Guest

Your delusional as usual George. You have not said a single negative word about the NTA in the last 4 years. Now all of a sudden your concerned. Harry is right your boring, not to mention psychotic.

Good luck with your crusade George but when the work is done the truth will appear and it doesn`t look pretty as of now.

9. George

Hudson, you should be careful using the word "truth". You don't have a good track record adhering to it.

10. Franklin you stated that the TERF funds were never intended for situations such as Mr. Yox's. That has me curious as to what they are intended for. I would guess based on your statement that you know how and why these funds are allocated. As an NTA member and a contributor to TERF, I would like to know what circumstances would be appropriate for these funds, and who makes that decision.

11. Franklin

Franklin Guest

To answer your question, TERF was formed after Katrina by some very thoughtful folks. It is a fund raising entity that is run by a committee. All decisions are based on certain criteria set forth by said committee. Some of the criteria is natural disasters, extreme man caused disasters, fire, flooding etc.

Generally speaking it involves some form of catastrophy that requires emergency intervention. It is the committee that makes the final determination for fund dispersal.

Now if (someone's) house had burned down or his place of business was destroyed and he had no means in which to provide for his loved ones the TERF fund would undoubtingly intervine on his behalf.

I applaud you for your inquiry as every member that contributes and belongs should understand fully what they are in fact contributing to.

12. margip

margip Member

I applaud you for your inquiry as every member that contributes and belongs should understand fully what they are in fact contributing to.
    Sooooooo, why can't we get answers to the questions in the original post of this thread????????????????

13. gab

gab Active Member

NTA has nothing to do with taxinet.every time they have tried to come on here and be informative it's been a disaster.i hope they never come on here .it wouild be a total waste of time

14. George

You know Gary, I hate to admit it, but I have to agree. This is an unprofessional profession filled by wannabe geniuses who couldn't wipe their ass without help from the TP makers. Not that they aren't good and decent people in their own right, but 99% of them think they know much more than they do. They can't understand that we're guppies in the Great Lake and being a bigger guppy only makes you a more desirable member of the food chain. Most of us work in one person shops simply because we can't play well with others. We call it "independence" when in effect, it's simply isolation.

NO TAXIDERMY ORGANIZATION has ever stood the test of time. Each and every one of them as fallen victim of "me better than you" mentalities and from frogs like "Franklin" who screech from the trees, but never become involved in the process. My very last suggestion to John Janelli when the Crains were fired was to announce the disbandment of the organization and dismissing the entire board of directors. Hand selecting a small group of business savvy people who were members but outside the parameters of taxidermy per se and build a business model, work out a viable set of bylaws, and immediately announce an election with all the players in the reorganization to recuse themselves completely. But no, they were more worried about holding a convention. From all accounts is was a good one, but a Pyrrhic victory. Today, they're STILL concerned about the upcoming convention more than they are about the financial integrity, the bylaws and even the membership. When questioned, they send out their constipated geese to honk at those who have "no patience". And it's not like someone there couldn't actually get off their ass and call the bank for exact balances or tell us how our money has been squandered. The NTA will never again be what it might have been with competent leadership when the time was right. Today's "new" NTA is strikingly similar to the old one in every way.

15. Harry Whitehead

X2

First, there is NOTHING strikingly similar about the 'new' NTA in relation to the 'old' NTA, at least now that ALL of the 'old' NTA participants are gone!! George, you sound just like Janellli. Janelli wanted to let it all go and pay off the Crains and life would be good. He used the same tactics that the previous regime used by keeping the NTA broke, or at least it looked like it was broke, all the while using what money that WAS available for his own special interests. The rules didn't seem to apply to him as he exemplified by writing Kulis a check for $4K+ without Board approval and engaging the NTA attorney again without Board approval thus squandering the majority of the NTA's capital. Here's a funny one, then he calls Mitch and some of the other Board members wondering how he is getting to SCI and all these other functions and who is paying for it!!!! That's laughable!!! The NTA needs NEW representation and I hope Mitch and Jim Ellis and the others become involved just as the NTA was in the past with these organizations.
    I still say everyone needs to give these people a little more time at least to get these by-laws organized and their finances in order. You have to stop the bleeding before the healing can begin.....I think the bleeding has stopped or at least a bandage is on the wound.....

16. RTF

RTF Active Member

I thought it was stated earlier in this thread that the board did approve it and it was for out of pocket expenses that were verified and submitted to the board?

17. Harry Whitehead

To my knowledge the payment was not approved by the Board. They didn't find out about it until they discovered that there wasn't any funds left......!

18. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

So GAB, if we mail letters about the NTA, or use the phone like we still do, should we stop the mail and the phone calls about the NTA too? Or are taxidermists just dumb on taxinet only?

Maybe the NTA should just go on righting its ship regardless of whats said here. Certainly this site will be ok again when it comes time to recruit new NTA members...funny how that works...

19. Franklin

Franklin Guest

Margip, there is a difference between being "knowledgeable" about a subject and stirring up crap.

How many times did you, or say George, make inquiries into the past NTA administration in the last 4 years? Why now? The time for questions was back then when the members money was being misspent, not now when people have volunteered to try to clean up the mess. There is missing funds, misappropiated funds, failed procedures etc. This requires time and patience to unravel. Not to mention the current board is left with about $4000 in their operational fund. Not much you can accomplish to get to the bottom of this issue.

Lets be honest, this is disingenious.

20. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

They already used this site to recruit when the big change happened before the convention. Yet Franklin wants it both ways.

Franklin I don't know where you say George never cared about or brought up NTA issues. He was just beat up on here a few months back when he saw some issues with the adhoc comitees. I believe the thread was called reinventing the wheel ?

Sent from my XT1060 using Ohub Campfire mobile app