1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Working in a Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by JRose, Dec 6, 2013.

1. JRose

JRose Member

I would if I could, but between going over concrete slabs, grass, through gates, over gravel, etc. the wheelbarrow doesn't fair well :/ Hauled the water a second time today, super fun!
    This is the first time the spigots have frozen up on me. Funny how you don't think about fixing/avoiding something til it's gone wrong!

2. For 30some years my dad has watered the critters an acre away with several hoses hooked together. In the winter he drains the hose after every watering to keep the hose from freezing. When the spigots outside freeze (which happens rarely since they are against the house, but still....), the hose is long enough to go indoors to the nearest sink. Can you borrow a long hose and then fill the buckets wherever it ends and wheel the buckets the rest of the way from there?

3. JRose

JRose Member

I love it when someone points out painfully obvious solutions that I overlook! ;D I have half a dozen 100ft hoses and plenty of connectors! Sometimes my wires just aren't connecting, I tell ya. Thanks for the "reminder" :)

Greenhouse will be set up on Saturday none-the-less and the experiment shall commence!

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Just make sure you don't forget to drain the hoses when you are done each time. Lift it up and walk along it so all the water is out.