1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Attaching duck head with dead mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by joebrinkley, Dec 8, 2013.

1. I have mounted 7 ducks flying and standing, now I am going to do a mount a duck dead mount. I just have a few questions. I have a shadow box panel, I know about the feet, but do I attach the head to the panel, and if so how, or do I let it just hang and dry. I really don't want it to be swaying back and forth until it is dry. And the last question is do I need to wire the wings. I would thank so, but just really wanted to know what other do. Thank you so much. Joe.

2. well no body is going to say anything, I am just going to let the head hang. but not sure a the wire's in wings.

3. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Common sense would be to wire for them to hold there shape. I use a framing nail to keep the head firmly attached to the panel........ It's just not rocket science here. Think about your flying birds, do you attach the head to something to keep it from swaying back and forth?

4. Sorry to take up your time. Why even waist your time and mine with an ansere like that.

5. I mean answer like that.