1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Finding buyers for skeletons and skulls

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Gunnin4ursoul, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Gunnin4ursoul

Gunnin4ursoul Member

How do you all sell your skulls and skeletons?

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Ebay mostly. When I feel like parting with something.

3. I just sold all of mine to a college biology department. The professor found one of my posts on this site advertising a wolverine skull which I had long since sold. He said he was interested in other skulls so I sent him a list of what I had and actually wanted to buy them ALL! Yay for me :)

I have sold a lot to friends by making facebook posts and whatnot. I also give them away regularly to wildlife fundraisers so that gets my name out and people can see the quality of my work. I have had zero luck with Ebay, and have sold a couple on Craigslist. Unless you have something unusual for sale don't bother listing them on this site, you won't even get the price you paid and have invested in cleaning them because everyone here knows where to get cheap skulls or they clean their own :)

4. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

I've been pretty happy with Etsy, they don't take nearly as big a cut as eBay and I've had a decent amount of sales since I opened a store on there in late July.

5. I agree ebay is the way to go.
    I have an etsy store but don't sell as much as I do on ebay.

6. bone-a-holic138

bone-a-holic138 New Member

I sell privately and on ebay, on ebay I find bobcat skulls get bid up super fast and people are willing to spend huge money on them,hooray for us.

7. I sell my surplus skulls to local shops. There are LOTS of trendy little shops here and many of them will gladly buy my extra skulls. I sell most of my skulls to an exotic plant shop!

Etsy's been pretty successful for me, too.

^Bobcats are one of my biggest sellers, too! Cha-ching! Beavers are big sellers, too.