1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Stop Rot

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by PsychoJr, Dec 9, 2013.

1. PsychoJr

PsychoJr New Member

I just searched the forums on Stop Slip (after a bad experience - won't go into details) and I saw a number of threads discussing the differences between Rot/Slip. Already pretty much new these, but out of curiosity I was wondering how many of the pros use Stop Rot on everything as a preventative measure? Seems like a good idea after hearing George describe the egg story. Also, with Stop Slip being more or less a useless product, slippage would be mostly a moot issue.

2. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I apply stop rot to the flesh side of everything I take in as soon as I skin it. Stop rot is a chemical that stops, or greatly slows the degenerative process. I'm not a chemist and don't know how it works, but I do know it does work. Stop slip is basically a glue or strong hairspray that is used to hold the hair in place in areas that have already slipped or are in danger of doing so. Stop Rot is an effective preventative measure. Stop Slip is a band-aid.

3. Diesel_19

Diesel_19 New Member

I've used stop rot on a deer that was hung in a cooler for 11 days... I knew it was going to slip... Never did

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. elkman74

elkman74 New Member

here in Arizona it has been a life saver especially on Aug. and Sept. harvested animals as we are not the coolest state. lol

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I am a stop rot fan, however, I am selective on how and where I use it, fresh skins do not need it in my opinion, but the suspect skins get the treatment.