1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Big Rock Sports North American Taxidermy Championship..updated with award photos

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by HQ, Dec 11, 2013.

1. HQ

HQ New Member

for additional info go to http://www.hqtaxidermy.com/contestdetails.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Re: Big Rock Sports North American Taxidermy Championship...FREE SEMINARS...Win $$$

I pre registered earlier this morning looking forward to the show and especially Gene Smiths seminar

3. Twisted.

Twisted. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Re: Big Rock Sports North American Taxidermy Championship...FREE SEMINARS...Win $$$

Who is gene smith

4. Re: Big Rock Sports North American Taxidermy Championship...FREE SEMINARS...Win $$$

He is a guy who could teach us all something. Correct me if I'm wrong guys but isn't he the only person to win two times on the highest award with whitetail.

5. Re: Big Rock Sports North American Taxidermy Championship...FREE SEMINARS...Win $$$

And he also sculpts headquarters taxidermy supply's whitetail forms

6. Re: Big Rock Sports North American Taxidermy Championship...FREE SEMINARS...Win $$$

Look him up he is 2 time world champion with whitetail

7. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Re: Big Rock Sports North American Taxidermy Championship...FREE SEMINARS...Win $$$

I just purchased my airline tickets today and I can not wait until I get to attend this very cool show once again! I have talked to several taxidermist around the country and I have been asked if I thought this is show worth going too or even… if this is a legitimate championship? My response is… this is a must see show as well a new and great opportunity to see where the future of taxidermy is heading! Great Job Big Rock and thank you personally for the belief in the industry of taxidermy as a legitimate aspect of the sporting life! We are an industry of generous folks who do some wonderfully beautiful art work we all can afford while sharing in our very own personal memories!

See ya there!

My Best

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I wish this show much much success.

9. HQ

HQ New Member

Thank you Antlerman, would be great if you could make it!

10. Re: Big Rock Sports North American Taxidermy Championship...FREE SEMINARS...Win $$$

Is it worth going to? There will be great competitors there and a fantastic line-up of judges....absolutely it will be worth it. the confusing issue is that the World Taxidermy Championships already named North American Champions for 2013-2015. now this taxidermy championship is heralding itself as the North American Taxidermy Championship. So lets see how that plays with the set of winners from last May. personally...I would attend both if I thought I could be a double winner in any category.

11. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I believe.......

I believe The World Taxidermy Championships give out WORLD TITLES and the NTA gives out North American Titles, correct?

:)

Kerby...

12. antlerman

The title as "North American Champion" surely can not be a brand name, trademark, or closed entity. That name covers many facets of competitions within the US. If they have BIG plans and aspirations, then why not?

I just knew someone would question this and ask is this legit.

Well here's my 2 cents.

Why would anyone not welcome another venue to showcase our craft? Any time we can put ourselves in front of the public in a positive way, how could this not be good for us?

Why limit ones exposure? Will there not be hunters and other potential clients there?

So, what is a N. American Champion? I'd say it's the guy who shows best at a particular venue on that given day. Does that mean a lesser standard is set? I seriously doubt that.

I would suspect that there will be mounts there that could very well hold the mark for any standard or venue you want to compare it with. So, why not consider them N.A. Champions if this is an open competition to all competitors from around the N. America's?

Just because it's a new venue, doesn't mean it can't and won't meet the criteria set by other venue's.

The way I see it, it is just another opportunity for us to expand upon the stage in-which we play and showcase our talents.

13. Re: I believe.......

Yes that's right. So the two venues will happen every year instead of having two N. A. Champions every other year. I think Antlerman has very good and very valid points but in all honesty the people who win the title whether at the NTA or the BRTC are the only ones affected right?

14. antlerman

I did a little research and what I've found is that they will crown a BIG ROCKS Champion, not a N.A. Champion.

15. HQ

HQ New Member

In addition to the choice of either a gun or money, each Best of Category winners in the professional and masters division will win an acrylic trophy
    [​IMG]

In addition to money, The Best of Show Professional and Big Rock Sports Grand Champion will each win a handmade custom engraved knife by Silver Stag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Gene Smith is a heck of a good guy, gifted artist and one of the good guys, besides being one of the best deer guys. I wish this venture all the best in success for them as well as for our industry.

17. dartondude

dartondude New Member

I don't care what they call the winner, those knives are cool!!