1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

small but pretty

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Rick Carter, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

I mounted this deer about a month ago and thought it was one of the prettiest deer I have seen. The markings and cape are beautiful. Everybody wants to see monster bucks but they don't get any prettier than this one.

[​IMG]

2. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    Very nice! Love how the forehead is so clean looking. I always seem to have birds nests up there no matter how much I move the skin around to try to get it to lay right. I got a really nice cape in from a "small" buck this year that was for a European so I kept the cape and might use it on a smaller rack from my earlier days hunting. Hope it turns out close to this good!

3. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Maybe someday I'll have you teach me how to mount a proper deer... shaking my head at this one.....incredible Groomadermy!

4. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Very nice. ;)

5. very very nice !

6. double barrel

double barrel New Member

You need to quit taking pictures of live deer and claiming you mounted them. LOL! nice!

7. Nathan

Nathan Active Member

Superb job, you could pass that off as a live picture. I had to go back and view the headgear, because the work was so exceptional!

8. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Excellent and it is almost bigger than the buck I shot this fall.

9. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Not near as good as yours but the blaze on small deer area great especially when take by an 8 year old during youth season on MO.

Attached Files:

10. great job

11. Matt

Matt Active Member

That's what it's all about Rick, I can't stand it when the cape doesn't look good!(LOL) Very nice work.

12. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

The lil guys are my favorite to do. Pretty, small capes, not a scratch, tear, or blemish on them usually. Great change of pace from doing nothing but 22-25" capes all year here and half look like they just came out of a UFC ring. Beautiful lil buck.

13. beaverman05

beaverman05 Member

I also had to do a double on this one... thought I was looking at a live deer! Great job

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

14. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Thanks for all of the comments! Only a few local guys have recognized the deal they are getting for quality work. That is a commercial mount that only cost $485. Around here they still seek out the $275 deer.

15. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

And it makes you sick, doesn't it? Does me, Nice job.

16. Rick, as alive as that looks, beautiful is an understatement!

17. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Some people just have it, and I think you do! Some guys can look at all the reference in the world and not get it. You have a gift and thank you for trying to help us hacks.. I still watch your A to Z even after doing over 100 mounts.

18. country

country Member

19. nickq83

nickq83 Member

Looks beautiful rick that's a very pretty cape

20. SHERMAN

SHERMAN New Member

Rick you make it look easy.Enjoyed your video too something for everyone no matter what level you are