1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy drum - Financing now available!

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Steve Rotramel, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Steve Rotramel

Steve Rotramel We got some radical rebels in this county!

I hope this is okay. Don't want to bend the rules. Had a couple requests for pictures. This one is a little dated but not much has changed. PM if interested. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

Re: Taxidermy drum

I like your Wet Drum. Good piece of work Steve! How many capes do you estimate you can you tan in it at once - considering you're using EZ-100 at 1/2 Oz./Lb. of cape weight, 3 Ozs./1 Lb. of cape weight of Salt, and 1 Quart of Water/1 Lb. of cape weight in it? 15 minutes of run time - 45 minutes let the load rest - 4 hours total tan time? Just curious! What are its dimensions? Capes weighing about 6 Lbs. each.

3. Steve Rotramel

Bruce thanks for the kind words. The dimensions of the drum are 24" wide and 32" to 34" diameter. That's about 90 gallons. Of course you never completely fill with liquid.

15 gallons in there tans ten capes easily. Go to 30 gallons and you can tan 20 capes. So I usually tell folks to tan what you would want to shave in one day. Ask any tannery shaver how long it takes to shave a cape and you're likely to hear "10 minutes" so I suppose if you are fast you can do more. Not me though. ha ha

More recent pictures below.

Attached Files:

4. Don

Don New Member

Good looking unit....

Anxious to recieve mine Steve. Looking forward to filling the bad boy up with a bunch of BIG old Canadian whitetails and moose.

Happy Holidays from Canada,

Don

5. Steve Rotramel

Thanks Don! Appreciate the kind words.

I will take this occasion to announce that we now have a financing option available for our drums. No money down, no payment for 3 months (or possibly even longer) and payments under a hundred.

PM if interested.

Attached Files:

6. Huggs

Huggs Member

How much are the drums without shipping?

7. Eaglerockfurs

Eaglerockfurs New Member

Great looking drum....what material is the drum made of ? What kind of price ?