1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

big bobcat

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by TIM DUNCAN, Dec 14, 2013.

1. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

anyone no anything about this photo need some truth can yall help please, it said 135lbs come on!

Attached Files:

2. The cat is alot closer to the camera. I'd say more like 35 lbs. lol. It's the same trick the hunting industry uses to make 130 inch bucks look 180. No doubt its a large male but not that large. Lol

3. Here is some info on the record bobcat....
    http://www.skinnymoose.com/moosedroppings/2009/02/13/here-kitty-kitty-new-north-america-record-bobcat-taken/

4. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

heres the bigest one ive seen in surry county

Attached Files:

5. Ok, who keeps record books on bobcat weight??? No one I have heard of.

6. Tim, I remember seeing that picture last winter, supposedly 56lbs but was definitely in southern Ohio.

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Umless the guy does some serious power llifting, your not holding 135lbs cat out like that for a pic. That weight would be a nice mountain lion.

8. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

X2 No way! 35 lbs maybe...

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

That cat was the real deal, but it was not caught in Ohio as they are protected here. My buddy knows the guy who caught it and it was a big one.

10. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

isn't that the guy that sells cats for big money every year. I think Wyoming somewhere. He sells big ones every year.

11. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

I caught a 65 lb muskrat the other day . . . it's possible. ;D

12. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

The largest recorded is 49 lbs

13. I was wondering how long it would take for this photo to reach taxinet. It's been going around all season. So far, I've heard it being from New Kent County, VA, King and Queen County, Va, and Kentucky. Now from this post I see Ohio and Wyoming? There is no way I believe it weighed anything over 40 lbs, and because of the rounds its making, I won't believe anyone when they tell me where it was killed. Just a pretty picture to look at now, unfortunately. The internet tends to do that to photos...

14. Wheatfields

Wheatfields The woods are my home

The cat in the pic I'm guessing 25- 30 pounds I have some great pics if some one can post them ? Of big cats ...

15. Wheatfields

Wheatfields The woods are my home

Knowing the location or state will give you a good idea as well on judging size. 135 wow I'd hate to be the guy who started that line. But you see it all the time with people and their bucks they say that gross 170 but are lucky to break mid 140's. I knew this guy once his name was Paul Bunion what a mountain of a man he was ! My friend Pinocchio introduced us. Know what I'm sayin .....

16. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

If you look around the cats legs you can see the photo shopping. Done fairly well but easily seen if you know what you are looking at. For example boy did that cat grow.

Attached Files: