1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

newbie to air brush

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by skullfreak, Dec 15, 2013.

1. skullfreak

skullfreak New Member

what should i get?

2. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Depends a little on what you will be using it for. A great brush to start out with is: http://www.harborfreight.com/deluxe-airbrush-kit-95810.html.
    It's very economical and preforms as well as many out there that are over $100. It's a great learning brush. It's the only one my teacher ever used for fish and everything. It was recommended by RDA and several on here as well. When Harbor Freight had a sale last year, I got 5 of them for $12 each. I still use my badger velocity and a badger renegade jet for details, but for most things including most of the fish work, I use the cheapie from Harbor Freight.

3. I got one a while back . Its been thrown over the fence a while ago . I think it was the operator not the air brush Mark c

4. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Get a hold of Paul B on here and get a chrome

Carl

5. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I have a chrome, but would only use it for detail.

6. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

I have a badger patriot that I love for all broad coverage and some detail on warm water fish. Thing is a tank. For detail work its hard to beat iwatas

7. skullfreak

skullfreak New Member

is there one thats good for broad coverage and detail for trout,bass and muskie? or should i buy 2 and what should i get for good price?