1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #49

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by igor, Dec 17, 2013.

1. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

sparrowhawk

Attached Files:

2. ludvik

shag

Attached Files:

3. ludvik

young Green Woodpecker

Attached Files:

4. ludvik

and the last a Common Kestrel :D

Attached Files:

5. igor

igor Member

Dear friends , this week is almost gone and this year is almost gone too... and time goes so fast... I just was looking at your wonderful creations for quite long time... and my memory went years back when I just started. It's just like was yesterday, i mean 40 years ago...
    Thank you everyone for posting this week. Babak you are doing great work my friend, such improvement compare to last year. Your Water Rail looks good.
    Jeff,are you talking about my ability to salvage? Your remounted birds are so well done! I could not believe it. Your kingfisher is "Oh-ah". Is it one from Europe? You flying Pygmy is super too. I just finished a pair of standing birds from Ghana. I wish to make them flying but they were sooo pinfeathered. Great, great, great work! everything you do. Who had a chance to work with birds to re-mount would appreciate your talent to re-do! It is NOT easy.
    Jeff , your bird of paradise ... oh . My collection of few species birds of paradise and my huge collection of butterfly burned with my house in Moscow a few years ago. I could not bring them here to the US. all were remounted from study skins.
    Ole! I have not seeing you for a quite long time. Very, very pleasant looking birds. Love everything you do, your little raptors, your grouses. Good work my friend.

Weekend is coming. I hope more of you can find a few minutes to share your work with us. See you tomorrow.

PS. Jeff, I have body traces only from 2 condors I recently mounted . One of my friends took some wings and legs measurements for possible reproduction. When you get close to your project I will find these measurements . Also I can contact the museum with a few condor's skeletons. These measurements will be more accurate than from my friend. Please send me PM with list of the bones you need to measure.

6. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. nice work Randy! :)

8. Awesome birds JBird! One of them looks prehistoric. Ludvik your work is awesome too! I really like seeing birds I've never seen before! ;D

9. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

nice ones Ole 8)

10. ludvik

thx :D

11. igor

igor Member

Thank you all my friends for making this week so colorful . It was fun .

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

fantastic birds everyone but
    Jeff, your exotic birds set an accent every time and
    Ole, it seems like you want to make some people happy before christmas
    Igor, thank you for hosting and please forgive me, no bird this week, but I will try to give you a special bird for me the next week,
    Rainer

13. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

great work ludvik

14. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

my brothers first birds he shot.I mounted for his xmas present. It was a surprise.
    [​IMG]

15. nice!!!