1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

any thing but Ducks and geese

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by snowhare, Dec 18, 2013.

1. snowhare

snowhare New Member

UPS

It seems i made a few people angry on here , but think of it like this for me that way was the shortest thing to write in this topic loud and clear
    So what the fuzz there is a Duck page a Turkey page a What ever page on here , and i just think this is a open forum for every Taxidermist on any place of the planet, so that we can share each others work .

Any way i will step out of this forum thing today , because it is not how it use to be , i made a lot of really good friends on here , and i ll say in touch with them k
    Last thing i need to say is by b CYA

Snowhare

2. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Sorry you feel that way. I thought it was a good idea for a thread. Don't know why you were criticized for it.Keep th (taxidermyh)faith.

3. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

I am by no means able to speak for others, but I don't think it is a problem for you to start a new thread for a specific type of animal. The older threads "rare birds" for example are so long that they may loose steam, so to speak, and people tend to forget about it. If people didn't want a new thread like this, no one would have posted pictures of their work... Hope to see more of your amazing work, Snowhare. Even though it can make us Americans a bit jealous. ;) :D

4. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Hell yeah... awesome thread Snowy.
    keep it rolling...
    but I dont understand, I read all the replies and saw all the pix,..... fight ? between who ? where ? When ? what are you guys talking about . ???
    Here is a few anyways,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

I do love to see all the birds here...no matter if they're ducks or raptors! I would like to do all possible bird there is but we have different laws and chanses to mount different species of birds. I envy U.S taxidermists to get mount beautifull and many species of ducks with winter feathers...only thin I can do here in Finland is those boring "brown" ducks....not those colourfull beauties. I have no chance to mount raptors....no owl or hawks/eagles. Don't think I wouldn't love to!!!! And what about those african birds....whoa! We mount what we got.... I think any of us would mount all those great birds there is but we don't have a chance.. This is great thread and if someone starts "Only ducks and geese"-thread you bet I will check that out too with great enthusiasm!!! More than a species I like to look birds how theyre mounted...the pose and the basework...no matter if its raptor or duck. Just love your talent here...keep EVERY bird coming here in taxinet and for this thread only others than ducks and geese. ;)

6. x2 JP ;)

7. Since I agree with everyone else and think there's nothing wrong with a new thread I am posting a couple more older mounts that I enjoy doing very much and feel very lucky that I get to do these occassionally. :D

Attached Files:

8. Randy Miller

Birdstuffer, love those two. Very nice.

9. Adam Edwards

Adam Edwards Member

Utah
    Dont let others bring you down snowhare. Great looking mounts everyone!

10. Lizardfeathers

Birdstuffer, those two mounts are amazing. But I don't think I've ever seen a Flicker mounted before! :D

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I love the red shafted flicker, although Im still partial to the eastern yellow shafted, from back in my boyhood days when I did mount a few, ignorant to the laws.

12. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

The thing that annoys me is that in the summer, when all of the birds around here are moulting, I frequently find those bright red-orange flicker feathers on the ground. After all, they seem to light up when the sun hits them and it's hard to miss the silly things.
    It's not legal to pick them up and keep them, but I've been told that it's not really a problem if you're willing to leave them outside in your yard where you can admire them until they rot away. So ... most summers I will have a few random flicker feathers in my yard, provided that the swallows don't carry them off for nest material.

And here's a contribution to the thread:
    [​IMG]

13. Randy Miller

Immpressive!

14. Lizardfeathers

X2! It looks like you could use one of those foam pool noodles as neck material for that ostrich! ;D

15. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Nancy, the few times Ive been out west I also have picked up red shafted flicker feathers too. Salmon colored tail feathers on their underside, and some flight feathers too. How odd how the red's head is almost the reverse of the yellow's. Neat stuff.

16. This is amazing. The best taxidermy work I have seen, hands down. Some may not agree with me, but being a parrot owner, I think mounting a parrot is on the same level as mounting someone's personal pet like a cat or a dog. Parrots have a different light in their eye than other birds and certain facial characteristics that, until now, I thought were impossible to capture in a taxidermy mount. Parrots have unique personalities just like cats and dogs, and usually when you see these pet mounts something just looks "off" about them, and you can tell that they are not alive no matter how good the mount "technically" is. If I saw this picture without a description I wouldn't even think for one second that it was a mounted bird. It looks alive and you somehow captured the parrot's personality and inquisitive playful nature. Amazing job!

17. Lizardfeathers

I agree completely! I own three and have a hard time thinking about if I want to mount them in 10 yrs or so. I lost a budgie (my first bird) a few months ago and she is in the freezer. I want to do her justice by getting enough experience with birds that I can do a good job like bowerbird...

Wonderful mounts everyone, I'm learning a lot from the pictures all over this site! :)

18. igor

igor Member

Love the parrot

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

19. igor

igor Member

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files:

20. CR

CR New Member

I enjoy all that you guys show on here, what craftsmen and artists