1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

another giant in surry county va this is rediculous this year

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by TIM DUNCAN, Dec 25, 2013.

1. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

I see that happen all the time litefeather.

2. Nick B

Nick B New Member

With all due respect George, I believe you are wrong. I have killed many book qualifiers up to 170, and I never plan on entering any of them in "the book". I have 2 buddies that have killed 200" who have not entered them in the book. Endorsements? That is funny right there. I hunt because I love to hunt. Living in Iowa all my life, I believe its probably about 50\50 around here, who enters them and who doesn't.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Nick, you know "up to 170" don't qualify for the book. I have a couple like that. Kansas is a different world and I'm not buying Sorry County, VIRGINIA fitting into tat category. The Eastern seaboard has a "pumpkin" in every try in whitetsil country over here and for any wild, free-ranging buck to live long enough to grow 170 inches if antler is an extreme rarity.

4. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

I guess all these booners from here in VA are just my imagination then. Lol
    Top left from Surry! Can't convince and a guy set in his ways even with photographic proof.

Attached Files:

5. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

Another pic of proof here in VA

Attached Files:

6. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

Annnnnd again! All B&C's.
    So I guess we don't have any big deer here on the eastern shore and in VA for that matter. Funny thing is this is a small group of guys that actually wanted to be recognized. I know Many many more that choose not to that have killed just as big and bigger than those.

Attached Files:

7. George

LOL Those are nice deer but I didn't just fall off the onion truck. There are a couple that might hit 170 typical but "all" of them damned sure won't. The more pictures I see, the more I begin to believe Smitty may have been on to something talking about pen raised deer being released. Either that or there's some radioactive water leaking from the power plant.

8. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

Lol. Spoken like a man set in his ways.
    More proof!!

Attached Files:

9. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

More proof!

Attached Files:

10. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

More proof

Attached Files:

11. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

And here is the best part. Never been scored! Proof that guys don't want recognition for killing a big deer. What do you think that scores?? Oh let me guess. Not 170". Man give me a break. I've proved my point. If the only thing you can come up with some theory that "farm deer" are around here. Which is illegal in va. Is all you got then keep thinking it. Lol. I've heard that same story my whole life here and seen no proof of it.

Attached Files:

12. litefeather

litefeather New Member

Those are some pretty nice deer on that first photo and the other for that matter. If I had this thread it would have been deleted a couple pages ago. Plenty of moles out that that just surf sites looking for info.

13. tem

tem Well-Known Member

dang. I can only dream of seeing one of those ware I hunt. must be nice.

14. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

They are all farm raised deer I'm told. Lol

15. dc240nt

dc240nt Lets Talk Big Bucks!!

One of our state record book measurers (Minnesota) contacted every official measurer for Minnesota, along with all P&Y and B&C measurers that are from MN, he found 960 whitetails (from MN only) that have been officially scored big enough to make B&C entry, but have never been entered...960! And these are just the ones that we know of. These ranged from a 265 inch non typical to several 190+ typicals. Again, these deer are only from Minnesota and do not consider any deer that have already been entered. Obviously, one state would completely rewrite the records book!

16. sportsmen wildlife

sportsmen wildlife New Member

I'm from Virginia, and yes, we do have alot of big bucks. But as far as 160 and 170 class bucks that make it in the books, they are still far and few between. Counties in Kentucky and Wisconsin have taken that many booners in T2L taxidermy's pictures in one season in one week. Most of those bucks in those pictures were killed over a few seasons in different counties. Virginia is not an anomaly with guys not getting recognition for Boone and Crockett. Alot of states have alot of bucks that go unrecognized because the hunters "want to keep lease prices down". Now, eastern Virginia does turn out quite few giants every year. I have a few in my shop now, but compared to the number of 160 and 170 class bucks that states in the bible belt and in the northern states such as Wisconsin put out, we do not even rank.

17. George

Thank you Sportsmen Wildlife.

18. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

Never said anything about Va ranking with Midwestern states at all.

Had a man say they were pen raised deer that were being killed here. Just proving him wrong.

And for the far in between comment of 170" deer. I mount well over a 100 shoulder mounts a year most of all them coming from eastern Va near the river. And I can tell you that it is very common. Not going to keep beating a dead horse here guys. I know what I see year in and year out in my shop.

Have a happy new year guys.

19. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

You taxidermist in Virginia should give this up I`m afraid you are digging your own grave. I believe there are quality deer there in your state. Keep it up in a couple years you won`t get these monsters cause all the land will get leased or bought then we will get your deer :D :D :D

20. T2LTaxidermy

T2LTaxidermy Member

Never happen. We don't have any big deer...lol. Only a few pen raised ones that get killed from time to time.