1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bet you've never seen anything like this.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by George, Dec 26, 2013.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

The animal was supposedly taken in New Jersey last week. I HAVE NO DETAILS SPECIFICALLY. I've seen fawns born like this and farm animals as well but never one that reached this size or maturity.

[​IMG]

2. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Half doe half buck? I wonder if it would have to be shot as a doe or a buck,LOL

3. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

Wow! That's weird!

4. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

This is why the regs say "antlered deer". I wonder if it had male or female parts? I hope the hunter plans on a taxidermy project with it.

5. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

I saw the same pic today. I heard they were going threw the parking lot of the vet for the separation procedure and BAM! a hunter shot them LOL

6. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Been nothing on one of Jerseys hunting web sights about this, the gossip really fly's there.

7. How would you charge for that ?

8. Whitetailfreak84

Whitetailfreak84 New Member

Time n a half minimum ;D

9. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

That picture............

That picture has been posted on numerous sites and on FB for a couple of weeks now.

:)

Kerby...

10. Harvestmoontaxi

Harvestmoontaxi Lake of the woods walleyes

Wouldn't want that showing up at my shop.

11. That's pretty crazy! I'd love for it to show up at my shop - it would be a fun challenge, not only in mannikan alterations but the mounting and sewing. 8)

12. oldboar

oldboar Taxidermy...do the impossible:)

It didn't live to maturity....not real. Sorry:(

13. I agree Photoshoped, The doe appears to have been dead longer than the buck, looking at her eye.

14. George

As I said, I have no idea if it is, OR ISN'T, real, but the photo doesn't disprove that. The doe's EYE is directly at the camera flash and would reflect that light back while the other "EYES" are focused elsewhere. But I will say this, IF I WERE GOING TO PHOTOSHOP the animal, I'd have used a bigger buck to make the lie even more impressive. Probably a taxidermist. LOL

15. murty

murty New Member

Half doe, half buck, it's a duck

16. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Conjoined twins will always be the same sex since they are genetically identical.

17. George

Thanks Nancy. That's the best reasoning for the animal being photo shopped. I'd completely ignored my biology education.

18. I think it's a fake too but just because one head has antlers and one doesn't; folks are saying one head is a "doe" and one is a "buck". If there is only one body isn't there only one sex ? The absence of antlers does not make the head a doe head.

19. Bucksmith

Bucksmith Member

Yea this one was already proven as fake. This one showed up on a Maryland hunting forum last week. The buck head is cut off and placed on the doe to give that illusion. neat pic tho!

20. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I wish it was real. That would be cool.