1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

books

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by cajunhottie, Jun 11, 2007.

1. cajunhottie

cajunhottie Suckin Heads and Eatin Tails

Are them breakthrough books good to for beginners? askin mainly bout the mammel book.

2. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    buy them all ,there the next best thing to a live in trainer

3. BUCKGRUNT

BUCKGRUNT Are you talkin to me?

Iowa
    I love em, it shows a strait forward approach instead of alot of BS........

4. The Breakthrough Manuals are some of the best instruction books your money can buy.

How was your weekend? Did you make all the guys, and I suppose some girls happy?

5. cajunhottie

thanks for the replis. i had a very long weeken Craig. Why would i make people happy. your funny.

6. Helicity

Helicity Squirrels – Natures Road Bumps

I bought the bird, the fish, and the mammal breakthrough books and just love them. I'm looking on starting my first pheasant tonight after i go to the farm and pick one out.

7. cajunhottie

thank you Helicity.

8. hybrid

hybrid New Member

Anyone have any leads on good books or other reference materials on making useable fur pelts?

I posted a question in tanning and got the run around by morons with opinions and very little information.

What Im trying to do is learn how to process say...........rabbit pelts for "primitive or pioneer" type leather to be made into jackets or something.

I just want to see how it was done and see if I can do it myself. If the indians and davey crocket did it........why cant I?

Thanks guys and gals.............I could really use some usefull info instead of babbling.

9. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Hybrid,

You worded your topic incorrectly. Garment tanning refers now days to fur coat quality and quality leathers. You need to find out about brain tanning, bark tanning and it's methods. I'd suggest by starting at www.braintan.com. Matt Richards is the contact..he has an excellent book.

10. hybrid

hybrid New Member

Thanks Cyclone.............I found that link just a few minutes ago from a teenage girl taxidermist.

I appreciate it though!