1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish reproductions

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by BCPittsfield, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hello, new here, have only done a few skins and a few repros. I've read a lot of concerns about LCR replicas and just have to say, ordered a 5.5lb largemouth and a 5.2 lb smally Premier, waited 5 weeks got nervous, called John and was pleased. Sure, looked like some areas were rebuilt with a scale roller or something. But not bad at all. As far as someone not being aware that the head isn't attached, or is it "custom", well if you order from a catalog, the sizes are right there huh? And the images that show the unassembled repro clearly let you know what pieces to expect when you open the box (which is always kind of exciting!). I look at it sort of like building a model.

I'm really enjoying what I see and read at Tax.net and hope to contribute in the future. Best and happy 2014.
    BC

2. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Well, if you bought it unassembled then yes the head will be off. But every LCR Premier I bought "ready to paint" maybe had a pec fin to throw on. Other than that - "ready to paint" was how the remainder of the blanks were...