1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

nicked the eye lid

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Brant, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Brant

Brant New Member

Hey guys..I have a cape from a deer I took last year and want to mount but the reason I haven't mounted it yet is because while I was skinning it out I nicked the eyelid about a quarter of an inch long..I was in a hurry and did what I always tell myself not to do..Could someone help me out before I start on it to give me a few pointers on what to do with it..It was a good deer and I'd really like to put it on the wall..Thanks for any advice.

2. Wheatfields

Wheatfields The woods are my home

Split tan pin up tight watch the hell out of it when it is drying then epoxie sculpt the pin holes feather down smooth w denatured alcohol then paint . Next time take your time . If your just starting plan every thing and take your time . Hope this helps

3. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Mount up and move as it dries. A little apoxy sculpt and airbrush and you will never know. I nick a few every season, it just happens.

4. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

After 22 years of experience, you have never nicked an eye before?

5. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

I like apoxie clay for dermis repairs rather than apoxie sculpt. The clay dries with a matte finish. After you shoot some color, if you can see the repair, lightly sand with fine sandpaper.