1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Is This a Big Neck?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by dc240nt, Jan 4, 2014.

1. dc240nt

dc240nt Lets Talk Big Bucks!!

...I think so?
    Bigger, SK are from a couple years ago.

Attached Files:

• sask.jpg
      sask.jpg
      File size:
      112.6 KB
      Views:
  2. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

4 SURE!

3. nickq83

nickq83 Member

What did that beast weigh

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

That pose is terrible fir answering that question. The deer is dead, lying on its side and the head is being lifted and twisted 90°. Add that unnatural pose to a winter hide on a big deer, the actual neck size won't be nearly as big as you think. Still, that's a 300 pound animal probably with a 22-24 inch neck.

5. dc240nt

Yea, he's a bit "tucked-in" but that sucker is still huge! Look at the base of the neck/chest, you cant stack that area up...thats a big neck no matter how you cut it.

6. tem

tem Well-Known Member

I think I would have let him go and waited a couple of years for him to get bigger........NOT. nice buck.

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

The head is laying in the shoulders. If he pulled up on the antlers and stretched the neck out, it wouldn't "look" as big. I get customers showing me pics of their deer like that and want the neck "big and rutted", usually ends up a 20inch neck. As said, still a huge deer and would be a trophy for anyone.

8. dc240nt

I agree Paul, but you still cant hide a big neck. Maybe lake it look bigger, but you can never hide one. I purposely tried to do just that with this deer, it made him look bigger than he was but he was still very big. I sold this cape at 25" tight at the ears and 54" at the base of the neck. Big is big!

Attached Files:

9. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Yep Dan, big IS big ! When the head looks little, thats a big neck. As for the deer, I like em both!