1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gray Fox

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by SpringCreek94, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Just got this one mounted up. It's my second fox and first open mouth and I was going for the snarling look. I used what references I could find, but none of the images I had satisfied me as to what I wanted it to look like, so it was kind of guess when came down to giving it the look that I had visualized in my head. I have several concerns with the mount, but the postion of the ears are my main concern. What do you people think? Do they need to be moved up, down, in or out. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. 2nd Image.

Attached Files:

3. 3rd

Attached Files:

4. 4th.

Attached Files:

5. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

I think it's a great mount, very lifelike. But I get more of a running and panting vibe than a snarling one. I think it works with that pose though. Judging by the last picture, it looks like the ear symetry is off.

6. Thanks Jon S. Much appreciated.

7. Very pretty! Grey foxes have attitude and is rarely shown. I see a natural medium snarl. If it was full on in that pose I don't think it would work as well. Nice nose wrinkles, I like the mouth detail and the ears go with the attitude. Eye expression matches too! Well done.

8. I think that the top lip would be more pulled back for a proper snarl, BUT this one has an absolutely charming expression!

9. beaverman05

beaverman05 Member

Not a pro but this is exceptional! Every thing just rolls together... Can't wait to see the base either!

10. Bow Man

Bow Man New Member

x2 NOpro but I think the ears look great with the snarl looks natural.Hope you post pics when you get it all put together.

11. Zerrinah

Zerrinah New Member

Just like everyone said, I can see the snarl, eye expression and ear position matches what youre trying to get at. It's a very beautiful mount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Ohub Campfire mobile app

12. One of my favorite animals! Nice job and creative pose. Thanks for posting!

13. I think it looks great!