1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Young ladies first buck with a bow

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Steven Klee, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

This particular young lady is a special story. She is growing up in a family which does not hunt and I kind of got the feeling her mother does not exactly take comfort in her daughters extra curricular activities. Despite this, MacKenzie harvested her first buck with a gun at the age of 14.

Her stepfather on the other hand, who by the way was the one who contacted me about mounting this particular piece, seemed to be very supportive of her and was thankful that she was hunting instead of getting wrapped up in something, we'll just say a little less productive. He commented on what an achievement it was for a 16 year old girl to get a buck with a bow, and I could not agree more. He also commented that her mother told them if they had it mounted, it would not be allowed to hang in the house. Dad said, I support MacKenzie in this and I am having it mounted for her no matter what.
    I assured him he was not alone. I and all of us here also support her in her love for the hunt. I also would do the best I could to do a mount not only MacKenzie would be proud of but her mother might like as well, and she'd get it by X-mas.......and she did....

Attached Files:

2. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

3. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

4. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

5. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

6. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

7. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

8. Whitetailfreak84

Whitetailfreak84 New Member

Very nice story and I think the mount speaks for itself. Thanks for sharing buddy! Lets just say that young lady's hooked on whitetail now for sure ;)

9. Kydeerhunter03

Kydeerhunter03 New Member

outstanding as always!

10. nickq83

nickq83 Member

That is great that he would support her love for hunting while her mom doesn't. Getting kids into the outdoors is awesome and Steve keep up the beautiful work she will remember that deer forever

11. Cool story! And awesome piece! I bet she went through the roof when that showed up for Christmas!

12. Dingo B

Dingo B New Member

Absolutely beautiful!
    I wish I had 1/10Th of your talent.
    Thank you for sharing so many times with your work.
    I cant wait until the next one!

Dingo

13. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Those are the customers I love to get. I had one guy come in with his twelve year olds first buck to have mounted. The next day he calls up and says the wife says no way. He apologized and said she makes more money than he does and calls the shots on money. This just grinds on me no end so after a week I called him back and I said I'll do it for my cost because I feel this is such an important issue. I heard him ask his wife and she was screaming in the back ground.
    I just don't understand parents in this day and age not support there child in hunting even if they don't like it. The alternatives are drugs, drinking and maybe a pregnant teen age daughter.
    You fellas out there don't forget your girls in taking them hunting and fishing. You'll sleep better at night.

14. very nice

15. It's so sad that so many wives and mothers don't want anything that has anything to do with dead animals in the house. I am the complete opposite.

I'm lucky my husband let me hang what I've hung up already. He's not really into it the process, but he seems to enjoy the finished product. That's really all I ask for.

16. silverbuck

silverbuck New Member

Awesome job Steve and congrats to the girl that harvested the buck !!! 8)

17. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Awesome mount Mr. Klee, congrats to her, hopefully her Mom will come around now and accept it since it clearly means a lot to her

18. That's a great story... And if anyone could do a superb mount, it is you Mr.Klee. I bet she had a smile from ear to ear!

19. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Very nice. I'll bet her mother will like it too.

20. Harvestmoontaxi

Harvestmoontaxi Lake of the woods walleyes

With a mount that pretty,she will warm up to it!