1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Virginia Show March 21 7 22, 2014

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Audrie, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Audrie

Audrie New Member

Hope everyone has had a safe & wonderful holiday !! Now it is time for everyone to get to working on your mounts for the up coming shows, especially the VTA Show! ;D!! We have a great line up of judges & seminar instructors !!! Judging birds we have Manny Chavez from NM. He will also be doing a pheasant seminar. Judging gameheads & mammals we have Steve "Tuggy" Tugwell from N.C. He will be doing a boar mount seminar. Judging deer we have Chris Trout from N.C. Tommy Hall From N.C. will be doing a seminar on deer mounting start to finish. We have James Gray from VA. Judging fish & reptiles. He is also doing a fish painting seminar. Kris Kave from Maryland will be doing a hands on habitat seminar for the first 20 people to sign up! Contact me @ 1-757-435-7874 to sign up to participate! Everyone else can still stand in & watch, so call me before the seats run out !! Make sure if you do not get me leave a message I will call you back. We also have Jennifer Beck from VA. doing a small mammal mount seminar. Our children's seminar will be done by Rick Denzler from VA. New this Year we will have a Meet & Greet on Friday night sponsored by Jim Allred Supply !!!! Also new this year is The Chris Barnhardt Award for the highest scoring small mammal Masters !!!!! Don't forget our Presidents award is a Turkey !!! I'm very excited !!! So lets get to work and I hope to see everyone there !!!

2. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Do you have to be a member of the state association to attend the seminars or the show?

3. dartondude

dartondude New Member

sounds like a great show!

4. Audrie

Audrie New Member

jhunter13,
    To answer your question please contact our secretary Doris @ [email protected] She will be glad to assist you with all your questions.

5. The Virginia Show is smaller but enjoyable show. It has been one of my favorite shows next to NC and WV. There is a wonderful group of talented and knowledgable folk ready and willing to share with taxidermists all levels. They have a hospitality room for after the seminars and it almost always spreads out into the hall in group discussions. If you have never attended the show or attended a competition period, invest in yourself and come see what you can learn and network with some great people in our industry!
    See you there!

Just curious - Who plans on attending this year?

6. big buck 222

big buck 222 "You can't make chicken soup out of chicken S--T!"

I'm planning on it. Sounds like a great line up for the show, can't wait to see everyone.
    Mark

7. Hey Mark,
    Look forward to seeing ya there. I think I know what I am going to compete with, just not sure how I'm gonna get it there being as we are picking up Manny at the airport! :) We shall see what happens. Talk to ya soon...........

8. Openings for Kris Kave's habitat seminar are filling up! Get your seat while you can! He did a great one in Maryland, worth the sit and watch with what you learn!