1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Nature Goddess, Jan 7, 2014.

1. *

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2018
  2. That's bad***. Awesome.

3. Nick7

Nick7 New Member

He did an incredible job!!!!! Love all the detail work on the habitat, the martin, the deer and that cat!! A lot of very nice work in the back round as well. I'm sure the customers will be more then happy with all of them

4. Amazing, greatly done animals and I just love that base. The only thing I have to critique is, why is there no blood on the cat? That deer looks completely mauled but the cat is spotless.

5. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Absolutely beautiful....... ;)

6. Stunning! Perhaps the kill was made yesterday and the cat went to wash up before supper ;). Lol.

7. That's a nice piece and heck of a lot of work too.

8. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

That's awesome !! Would hate to now how much time was spent on that piece

9. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Maybe it's the Martin's meal and the cat just happened to stumble onto it. Either way it looks good. Lot of wwork went into thst project.

10. Too much blood for my taste. The cat looks great. I dont really get the half of a deer. It reminds me of those chainsaw deer that some hunters bring in to be caped out. Would a mountain lion really rip a deer in half like that?

11. John L

John L Active Member

I really like the cat but the blood is a little over the top for me.

12. Gory and awesome!!

13. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

I love the mountain lion. Beautiful work! The base is a huge distraction for me. Rope, writing in blood, multiple footprints, jawbone, tibia bone, sticks, leaves, vertebrae, ribs, driftwood, rocks, snow, deer, marten, blood all over everything, all arranged very unnaturally and far too much going on. There can't be any more habitat supplies available within a hundred miles of his studio! Too much becomes tacky. Keep it simple. But what do I know? the customer will love it. LOL

14. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

One man's junk is another man's treasure. LOL

15. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

I don't know squat but I too agree that the habitat takes away from the quality lion mount....jmo

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

16. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

The title of this mount is "PAYDAY".

17. First thing that I saw was the rope and blood. The rope is tacky IMO. Takes away from the mount. But I see its being used in some of the other mounts too.
    I've been to a lot of lion kills and they just don't have all that much blood visible except in snow. The writing in the snow? Why?
    Beutiful work overall with a couple of things that don't help it much.

18. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

This^^^^^^^^^^^

19. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Have to agree with Rick, great mounts but the base kills it for me. Random snow patches and mixed bag of habitad is too much. From the other mounts in the background, looks as though the theme of different carries on in the base work as well.