1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

proud father.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by after the shot, Jun 11, 2007.

1. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

I want to tell all you folks something. I am one proud father. My son, Jack wanted to mount a squirrell for competition and I said that he could try. I bought him a squirrell mounting DVD and had him watch it several times. He was 5 yrs old at the time and wasnt really sure of what the finished product would look like. He asked if I could help him but I explained that other than telling him what the next step was, I couldnt help. I was surprised at how it looked when it was complete. He entered his piece at the New England Association of Taxidermists 2007 Convention this past weekend. He took a first place, best of category and best of show for the youth division. I would also like to say congrats to all the other youths that competed and who also made their families proud. I am attempting to attatch a pictue of my son but thtis is my first attempt at posting a photo. [​IMG]

2. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

Awesome! you have every right to be proud. Congratulations to your boy and to you for your patience with him

3. AmyH

AmyH New Member

Great job Jack! Congratulations! I'm very proud of your persistence and your hard work.

4. SteveP

SteveP New Member

I'm impressed. Congratulations to both you and your son.

5. rocky don

rocky don the best collie that walks the earth!!

danngg....and he was only 5?....dang congrats man!!

6. Jim D.

Jim D. Member

Great Job Jack! Keep up the good work! That's the future of taxidermy!

7. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Congratulations!! I know how you feel. My son took some nice award at the IGT show about 4 years ago when he was 7. His was a largemouth bass. It makes you feel good. Looks like he did a very good job.

Todd B

8. Does he do wholesale work? LOL LOl Great job, tell the little guy congrats!!

9. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

That is an awesome photo! Great Job Jack!!!

I had the pleasure of meeting the Mulgrew family in Springfield Mass a couple of years ago. It was obvious to me from the moment I saw Scott's work that he has some major talent. It is great to see that the talent runs in the family. Great job to both of you!!!

Fred Barilla
    Vice President
    New England Association of Taxidermists

10. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

Thank you all for your kind words. I showed him the post and read what you all wrote and a big smile came over his face and he said wait till they see my next mount..

11. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

thats really cool, Congrats! He is going to go far in taxidermy :)!

12. Matt

Matt Active Member

Congrats to you and your son. You should be very proud. Thanks for sharing, that has to be a great feeling.

13. That is a Fantastic picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Congratulations on a fine job.
    I must say you put a smile on everyones face this past weekend. I look forward to seeing you again next year.
    Emily was sad she got sick and couldn't make it but told me to let you know she won't miss next year and wants to go swimming.

Scott, I am sure you will make an impact as a new board member along with the other new BOD members Johnny Humphries and Mike Ryan and with the current BOD we have in place. This is a strong group in place with all the same goals and ideas to bring this association to the next level.

Thanks again and Thank You Jack
    You are what the NEAT is all about............... "The Future"