1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Replacement nose for a wolverine?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Mitrooper27, Jan 8, 2014.

1. I have to replace a nose on a lifesize mature wolverine. I don't have the measurements for the original nose and I don't see any wolverine replacements in the catalogs. Any ideas for an acceptable replacement from another species? Thanks Mark

2. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I'd have to check the catalogs but Ive used repro noses for them a bunch of times, you can also go the lip cast route as well, comes with a repro nose on it. Was either mcKenzie or Research that sold the noses specifically for wolverines.

3. Thanks Jesse, its for a closed mouth so cast lip route is out, ill check again. Mark

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Go up to the right corner and click on suppliers. There are about 15 or so and one of them has to have what you're looking for.

5. For the record I checked with the suppliers and did not find one. I'm asking if anyone is familiar with an acceptable replacement from a species they do have a repo nose for. Thanks, Mark

6. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

You can use a repo coyote nose or you can get a hold of Robert Holshouser (Positive Reproductions). He makes Wolverine noses.

7. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

You can also CALL the suppliers and ask. I do that all the time. Over the years Research has been especially helpfull in that regard. If the don't have it they will usually refer me to someone who does.

8. Ok I will check with him. I figured a coyote nose would just be a bit to big and a fox a bit to small.

9. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Or get the cast lip/nose and cut the nose off. Or if someone has a cast study reference sculpt one from that. Or sculpt one from pic ref.