1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy SCAM via email & text messages DAVID ALONZO & ANTHONY CIPRIANO

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlertaxidermy, Jan 8, 2014.

1. antlertaxidermy

antlertaxidermy What Sets Us Apart - Experience!

Attn: Taxidermists;

We recently received emails from two different parties regarding mounting Polar Bears, then black bears when they were informed one was illegal - see below. Each email were from different parties. The emails were followed up by text messages from phone # 540-416-2460 from first sender.
    The end result is they imply the want to mount a bear, put a deposit but "need a favor!

Follow up text messages sent to our cell phones explain that the favor is to allow them to make the deposit for mount via credit card but in addition an additional deposit (in our case $1500 for bear and another $4000) after which they ask us to then send them the $4000 in cash to them directly which they need to pay the outfitter or the person they are purchasing the bear from?? :eek:
    Of course we smelled a scam from the beginning but did not know exactly where it was going at first? Once it all came out we immediately told the first person that we do not do business that way. The very next day we received the very same solicitation from a different party. I traced the phone number to a land line in Staunton, VA and have notified the local police department about what is going on.

Below are emails we received from the two different parties. Please share this info so other taxidermists are aware of this new scam going around and do not fall victim to these idiots!

________________________-

Attn : Owner Taxidermy

From Anthony Cipriano [email protected] details
    To awt990 [email protected]

Dear sir/ma,

My name is Anthony Cipriano. I have a bear that i just bought from a hunter who called mr Simon, Black Bear measures from tip of tail to tip of nose 9ft 5 inches. Measures from paw to front paw 8ft. 11 inches weight 400 pounds. But i want a standing bear with 4 legs stand. Let me know if you can mount it for me and how much it will cost and how many months it will take you. also do you accept Credit card in case i wanted to make a deposit. So am expecting your reply, I will like you to text me (540) 416-2460 due to my business i always busy and if you also can replied to my email it will also be fine. I will look forward to hear back from you.

Thank you.

From david alonso [email protected] details
    To Bill Wille [email protected]

My name is DAVID ALONSO, I have a bear that i just bought from a hunter called mr Saimon, The american brown Bear measures from tip of tail to tip of nose 9ft 5 inches. Measures from paw to front paw 8ft. 11 inches weight 400 pounds. But i want a standing bear with 4 legs stand. Right now in Hawthorne ca but the bear is with the hunter in Alaska it will be deliver to you with the tag, Let me know if you can mount it for me and how much it will cost and how many months it will take you. also do you accept Credit card incase i wanted to make a deposit.I will wait to hear from you soon.

THANKS
    DAVID

2. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

9 ft Brown Bear that weighs 400lbs :eek: Wish there was one of these face things for dumb arse.

3. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I just got the same scam emails today. from the Anthony Cipriano guy.

4. antlertaxidermy

antlertaxidermy What Sets Us Apart - Experience!

EMAIL LIST ATTACHED TO EMAIL WE RECEIVED;
    These are the taxidermists that were targeted in the email we received.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: January 7, 2014 at 9:18:58 PM EST
    To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Attn : Owner Taxidermy

Dear sir/ma,
    My name is Anthony Cipriano. I have a bear that i just bought from a hunter who called mr Simon, Black Bear measures from tip of tail to tip of nose 9ft 5 inches. Measures from paw to front paw 8ft. 11 inches weight 400 pounds. But i want a standing bear with 4 legs stand. Let me know if you can mount it for me and how much it will cost and how many months it will take you. also do you accept Credit card in case i wanted to make a deposit. So am expecting your reply, I will like you to text me (540) 416-2460 due to my business i always busy and if you also can replied to my email it will also be fine. I will look forward to hear back from you.

Thank you.

5. nicolegriewahn

nicolegriewahn New Member

I also received the black bear scam email. [email protected] was also on the list, so I contacted them to let them know it was a scam. Also warned my other taxidermy buddies.

Nicole

https://www.facebook.com/NicolesNaturalsBirdTaxidermy

6. got it also!

7. bowerbird

bowerbird New Member

Same scam spears in the mammal categories,,, I can ell the stench all the wZy from here in Australia, obviously any credit card payment they offer is a fraud card and will be reversed by the banks ,, and sometimes that can be 30 days later. !!!

TBeware!

8. RJ Simington

RJ Simington Active Member

Here is the catch that the knuklehead doesn't understand.

IT IS ILLEGAL TO BUY a Polar Bear Period in Alaska & Now the USF&W have his email & I am sure they will be talking to the guy pretty soon.

Just by Saying on the internet that he Bought the skin, They now have probable cause to search Anything he owns for that or any other Illegal animal he might possess.

9. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

It really does not matter what he is selling I am positive he is not in the US and am positive there is no bears in his possion.

This is just a more modern version of the Nigerian check scam. With this scam there never is an (actual)item in their possion they send you money in this case it would be in the form of a stolen cc. But the catch is they send you more then the amount and ask that you western union some it back for some crazy reason to them usually in west Africa some where. Then when the cc holder gets his statement calls the cc company and you are out the money you western unioned to them.

There is not, was not, and never will be any BEAR!! this is all just to get you to wire your hard earned money to them.

I would get these numb nuts al the time here wanting to by my (item) most the time they had no idea what I was selling. I would have them send the checks made out to dick hurts or Ben hover and cost them money to produce forged checks. These days everything is electronic so not as much fun to mess with them.

So let me tell you again there are no bears in west Africa LOL

10. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

No bears in West Africa??? MICHAEL, I'm truly shocked. Are you sure???? LMAO

11. JAFO

JAFO New Member

They have now changed the name to "jidee mike" same scam as above posts.

12. They are prescient for sure. Gotten two more emails last night. that's a total of 5 for me.

13. adamstaxidermy

adamstaxidermy New Member

Got one today....same text, but from "David Matin", and the hunters name was "Mr. Paul"

14. Mink

Mink New Member

I got it too and figured it was a scam, hit the "delete" button and moved on with my life!

15. Dean

Dean New Member

I haven't been on the forum for quite some time because the USSA (www.childswish.org) has been keeping me pretty busy. I came on here tonight to warn about the bear scam going around but I see everyone is aware of it already. I was contacted yesterday by email and knew right away it was BS so I played along for a while. Then tonight I was contacted again by phone via one of the call services used by the hearing impaired. I'm assuming maybe to translate. I eventually asked where he was from and he slipped up and said Forest Lake. I asked to set up a meeting with him because he lives in the same town as me. I also said it was a real coincidence that I was contacted yesterday by another guy with a bear and similar story. Hmmm... I haven't heard back from them yet. Both times was same basic story but the bear went from 400 lbs. to 1400 lbs. and the Mr. Simon name was the name of the emailer yesterday and name of the hunter in Alaska tonight. The scam may work on some people if theses jokers actually had facts about hunting laws, proper paper work needed, hunting seasons and the correct geographical locations where the particular animals lived. Be careful out there. I hope to get back on here sometime soon.

16. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I got another email for this scam only a different name this time. THis one is from David Matin, He has a 9-1/2 foot brown bear weighing 400 pounds. These guys do not give up.

17. Craig W

Craig W New Member

I got them at both of my business addresses but sent from a different name