1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Scam?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by kurtro08, Jan 9, 2014.

1. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

Ever since I read the email my email gets numerous maildemon for email cannot be delivered (emails I never wrote that have attachments to people I don't know) I wonder if it's connected..

2. clint kimbell

clint kimbell New Member

I got the same E-mail here in Ontario Canada,

3. litefeather

litefeather New Member

Same here. Email then text. Buddy of mine who is a CO was over talking one evening last week. I showed him the text and he thought the same "scam". Only difference was it was a black bear measuring 9'5 nose to tail. They way he was responding didn't jive.

4. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

Attached Files:

5. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Some skinny bears out there.

6. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Got the same email as well. Forwarded it to my local Fish and Game.
    Don't know if anything will come of it. I sure would like to see scammers like this get caught:)

7. Bobbym1232

Bobbym1232 New Member

I got same in a text. Worded a little different but same long, skinny, black bear. I text back price for LS Bear and got the same text back again. I figured it was a scam. I would sure like to know where they got all of our info from? Did they just do web search? I know TTAI website was hacked a few months ago, I wonder if this is the same person.

8. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

I know there is a way to report to FBI and they do a great job at stopping these thing however I have no idea how to do it anymore.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

Re: Scam?

Same here! Got it in a text a few days ago.

10. jorgy

jorgy Member

This is clearly someone in Russia, Ukraine, or Nigeria scamming. Bad English, grammar, and spelling equals overseas scammer every time. I have not heard of this one yet but it is worded like every Craig's List ripoff hack

11. Dana29

Dana29 New Member

I got the same email and a pile of text messages. He wanted me to charge him $3500, keep $1000 as deposit and send $2500 to the hunter named "Mr. Simon" in Mississippi. I smelled a rat immediately, called his bluff and said that I wanted the legal name of the hunter, the outfitter he went through, the state it was killed and the tag number to check and make sure the bear was killed legally and not poached, or a stolen hide. Needless to say, that was the last I heard of him, haha! Dirtbags don't have enough to do other than try to scam us taxidermists who are actually WORKING for a living.