1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fur Shine

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by cessna, Jan 10, 2014.

1. cessna

cessna New Member

I was talking today with a fellow that uses Cowboy Magic Shine on his various mounts and swears by it.
    He says it helps repel the dust and makes them look better and easier to clean. Is there anything to this.
    I've a few mounts that are looking a little dull.

2. I use a similar product sometimes called Show Sheen. Works very well.

3. intohunting

intohunting Member

AZ
    This product was previously sold as Taxidermist Magic. I have spray bottles of both Taxidermist Magic & Cowboy Magic. The company address & phone # are the same on both bottles, only the labeling changed. Works great!

4. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

Taxidermist Magic & Cowboy Magic are fancy names for Show Sheen and Satin Sheen & they are more expensive go to any farm store to buy and save money!

5. Same stuff we use on show dogs.

6. cessna

cessna New Member

I just got a message that said these products get sticky. Any truth to that. It would seem if it repels dust it would'nt.

7. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

They are oil based. They were designed to use on "show" animals....but just during the show. Once the oil air dries it does get sticky. I used it on Jumpers and you had to wash it off them as soon as you got home or the road dust would crust over on their manes and eyes.

It does look great for a while.

8. nehunter88

nehunter88 New Member

We used the same stuff when showing horses. As stated it will attract dust not repel it.