1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

HELP....What is wrong with my deer...can we correct the ear?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by kkirkemtp, Jan 11, 2014.

1. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I lived the part where he is a "licensed professional taxidermist certified by a taxidermy school" BWAHAAAA. That's a joke, right????? If not, it damned sure should be. If you knew how many "graduates from CERTIFIED SCHOOLS" I get, you'd know how big a joke that is. Taz nailed the rest.

3. You brought nothing the table but a bunch of WE's and OUR's. On second thought maybe you can help him. . . Why don't you buy him a good replacement cape for $200 and you can resell it to him for a $150. I'm sure that would help him out a lot.

4. THANK YOU MICHAEL P.! Nothing more is required, its an epedemic here in Louisiana! I just hate to see a beautiful whitetail go to waste!
    DC

5. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Yep Springcreek, just had one picked up today and the customer paid the balance of the $750.

6. kkirkemtp

kkirkemtp New Member

Mr. Kyle, THANK YOU!!! Once again, people don't know the whole story so a lot of assumptions were made. The family member/taxidermist has absolutely NO computer skills and reads at the 3rd grade level....so him joining this forum is by proxy....me.. He knew I was asking for help, but since the "help" was so specific, I had absolutely NO idea what to tell him. Now I have some specifics that can be shared. Again, thank you for finally helping!!!!

7. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

Not one thing about your story is adding up here. So he is licensed and went to school? His instructor helped him? So why did you come here (with his permission) if this were true? They should have all of the resources themselves. Especially the INSTRUCTOR you say is around during this project.
    Well I will be THAT guy, and yes, I will now jump on the instructor since you seem to be relaying messages.
    Tell the INSTRUCTOR, he did not pass his own class that he needs a new career.
    Now for your Mr. CEO everyone here has been helpful to you, it's just not what you want to here. There is literally nothing that can make your deer look halfway decent other than remounting it. Every time you look at it you will always see ugly and you will always have the memory of us great guys hammering you.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

Sergeant I don't know what he had written before this post but his next book will probably be untitled obnoxious taxidermist. He is using this thread for material and a few of us are now right there on the front cover.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LOL Kurt. Anyone who knows me already knows how I feel about these "schools" that "certify" their graduates. It's akin to the AMWAY district manager "promoting" one of his distributors. Just like being a "professional taxidermist", anyone can say they're anything they want to be. How the hell could anyone "graduate" anything with a third grade education unless kindergarten was the bragging point. And how anyone can survive in today's world without some BASIC computer skills is beyond me (though they always seem to be in front of me at the grocery store writing a check).

Hell, I'm a "published author" and I'm "CEO" of my taxidermy shop, so does that make my opinion more valid? RIGHT!!!! In a pigs eye.

The guy screwed up a TROPHY DEER. No sensible taxidermist would EVER do a mount like that where an ear hid one of the most coveted features a hunter could dream of: a drop tine. To do so is completely irresponsible and just plain damned ignorant. And if, in fact, this so called "instructor" was standing there "helping", he should be horsewhipped.

10. You should have left that 3rd grade stuff out KKirk because that only works on sensitive folks that bleed out from the heart. You're in for it now. Listen. . . . . . .Be quiet. . . . . . . I think I hear the wolves coming to eat you!

11. jimhow

jimhow Member

Coloring books?

12. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Geez...my sentiments exactly....that was a low blow, ANOTHER ONE.........that family member might as well change his identity.....KKirk has his input he asked for, he needs to just fade to black for now....... ::).

13. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

Reads at a third grade level and no computer skills, however, attended and supposedly graduated from "taxidermy school".........hmmm........interesting.

14. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

Interesting, but extremely possible if he is from Mississippi ;D probably has a license and insurance and all

15. Riverland

Riverland New Member

now thats funny, someone from Alabama cracking on Mississippi about educaten

16. sealow

sealow Member

I would've just been like, " this is my first attempt at mounting a deer, and I'm looking at your honest opinion on what I did wrong". Pinning it on an imaginary illiterate taxidermist relative was wrong.

17. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

Nice try, but not from Alabama just had to move here for work. The funny thing is all the people I have met from Mississippi make even the toothless Alabamians look like Von Braun. People from Wisconsin just make me feel like I am on the set for the making of Fargo. Unlike some of you guys I am not a "Professional" in taxidermy it's just a hobby for me. Actually I guess it would not even be taxidermy at all since I didn't study under three different people, just my father who was good enough to teach me the art.

18. That's funny. Where you from Weatherman?

19. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

Only Yox can call me Weatherman, and I was born in Bama, moved to TN, then NY, back to TN, and now Huntsville, Alabama.

20. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

? Hey howd I get into this?? Hahaha, some pretty bored taxidermists in this post. Lets drop it and move on.