1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

HELP....What is wrong with my deer...can we correct the ear?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by kkirkemtp, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Now that is funny, someone self elevating their own education above others they know nothing about. That's what us Mississippi boys call " lookin' down your nose at others ".

I am confused though, and of course it's because I grew up in Mississippi. Could someone please enlighten me on how to become better educated so I could join in on these conversations. Maybe after that I can become smart enough to learn how to turn out professional taxidermy work on a regular basis and post it here for all to see. Don't move to fast for me though guys, I did grow up in Mississippi. ;) LOL

2. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Hey Steve....I will say then you are a quick study.....oh crap....I forgot what you said, I mean: Yall doos some fineazz mountin cuz..... ;D.....Seriously, I think your work speaks for itself. Keep up the nice work......

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Steven, we had other phrases for that where I came from in South Carolina. I don't put much effort in trying to understand jabber like that. But I stopped going to NASCAR events and college football games in rabid places down there after I found out they don't much care for people that play with dead things.

4. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

Can't do that, you are from Mississippi you won't understand. I am pretty impressed on how you managed to string a bunch of random letters together to form words, taking those words and actually making sentences proves you must have gotten an education outside the state. ;) Chill it is just a joke. You know the kind of jab you "Professional" taxidermist take at us hobbyist all the time. Especially with your license and insurance and all, some try to make a mockery because the hobbyist doesn't do taxidermy full time and maybe it just rubs the some the wrong way. George every time you don't agree with me it seems to come back to college football ??? are you bitter about something? Still cold on the BF trail ???

5. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

I know a lot of people on this site, some very well. I just like staying under the radar with my identity.

6. Brian W

Is that a jab at BF....LOL...

7. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

;D Yes, or maybe BF's victim :-\

8. Brian W

lol

9. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

Why did you delete it Steven???

10. Steven Klee

Why, would you rather I left it posted. If you read it before it was deleted you and I both know my point and that's good enough for me.

11. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

I didn't get a chance to read it, I am assuming it was not good. I just clicked show new replies and yours came up when I clicked on the thread you had deleted it. PM it to me.

12. Steven Klee

It was not that bad, just thought I'd articulate it a little better, take the high road and send it to you in a pm. This thread has really gone on long enough, and evidently has accomplished nothing.

13. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

Still waiting on that PM

14. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Sure it did. Assuming he was able to get that ear behind that tine. Thats all he wanted right :-\ Problem solved...

15. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I was just wondering if it crossed anyone's mind that the ear might not have been the problem ............I think the damn deer grew his drop in the wrong frickin place. Stupid deer.

16. Why don't all you guys put your deer heads where you mouth is and make this post interesting, and I don't mean your 50th head, I mean your first one that you took money for. So lets see them. I know you got pics.

17. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Bushytail, did you READ this post. When I did my first one, I didn't have an "instructor" holding my hand and I could read and write rather well for a 12 year old kid in 1958. Of course, we didn't have "instructors" or VHS or DVD's or the Internet then either. In fact we DIDN'T HAVE FORMS. So since it was your idea, why didn't you step up to the plate and give us something to shoot for or at?

18. Riverland

Riverland New Member

cmon George we all know you pulled out your smart rock to down load reference pics ,tutorials and u-rock videos on how to snap together a deer head

19. Well heck, George and I haven't always seen eye to eye, but I'll have to agree with him here. . . Show us your first payday bushy tail hunter.

20. George, I am in your boat, I have done heads for money 35 years ago that would make that head look like a comp winner. My first heads were done on paper forms and you know what they were like. But I did work my way up through the ranks in PA to be a master of master white tail deer taxidermist and PA Taxidermist of the year which I won with a deer that I sculpted my own form. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has put some bad work out there at beginning, and I won't be the last. You would think that with todays supplies anyone could do taxidermy but I would think you have to have some artistic skills. I do have a head I mounted for my father when I was 19 or 20 I will get a pic of it this weekend and post it. I'm not afraid to show my first mounts because thats just what they are my first mounts. I can remember being so proud to do a mount like that, but you have to remember, back then thats what the commercial mounts looked like. But you know that George.