1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

HELP....What is wrong with my deer...can we correct the ear?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by kkirkemtp, Jan 11, 2014.

1. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Spring, How do you propose to make competition illegal? Government control? Mandated testing? I've heard of that. How well did that work for PA, I believe it was.
    I believe my comprehension ability is up to par, but I still don't see what point you are trying to make. Does anyone else? Why don't you PM me and lets let this thread die already.

2. Right now I'm lost for words 3bears. Now you quit inflating the lungs and I will stop pumping the chest. OK?

3. kkirkemtp

kkirkemtp New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I apparently approached it wrong....a different title would have helped. For what it is worth, EVERYTHING I said was true....I wanted to know how to correct the issue, and wanted feedback to understand what I was looking for/at. The only taxidermy anything I have ever done was wetting these ears and moving them. Gods honest truth! Stay Safe my Brother!

4. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

Well I have a deer I mounted at 10 years old and it was my first to completely do alone. But I was ten! An this was not a customer piece. I waited until I was 21 to do a customer piece

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attached Files:

5. Not bad for ten years old. Did you have anyone show you how to do it? I only did the northwestern school correspondence course, I never had anyone teach me or took any other courses or training all self taught looking at pictures of deer.I started at 12 with deer feet and started my business at 20. I'm sure your deer look a lot better now.

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I think it's perfect, and if I was you, I wouldn't take a million dollars for it.

7. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

Oh yes I have been fido long with taxidermy since I was very young. My first mount was a bullfrog I skint through the mouth and filled it completely with plaster and shaped as it hardened. Weighed about ten pounds when finished but still looks decent today(I was 6)

8. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

9. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

Heck I took a set of horns( on the deer I posted that was my first) that was given to my dad from his best friend right before he passed away. They meant a lot to my dad and I knew if I used them for my first mount it would mean a lot to both of us for a long time. I will never get rid of it however it does look terrible. But still at ten years old this mount looks better than. The original mount posted by mr CEO

10. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member

Heck I took a set of horns( on the deer I posted that was my first) that was given to my dad from his best friend right before he passed away. They meant a lot to my dad and I knew if I used them for my first mount it would mean a lot to both of us for a long time. I will never get rid of it however it does look terrible. But still at ten years old this mount looks better than. The original mount posted by mr CEO

11. kurtro08

kurtro08 New Member