1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trick I used to re-wet ears for adjustment....

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by kkirkemtp, Jan 11, 2014.

1. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

I agree with what most say here, and this guy rubs me the wrong way too, but anything you post on this site is open to be used by anyone. I wonder how many taxidermist have Googled how to fix a kitchen sick drain then attempted the job without calling a plumber? I offer my advice free because someone offered it to me that way. I think we are smarter then this guy. If you get a bad feeling about someone who posts something here don’t reply. If you feel your advice is worth something then charge for it, or don’t give it so freely. I tend to stay out of conversations like this, but I felt I had to voice my opinion because this site has taught me allot over the years. I for one will continue to give advice when I can and I hope other will do the same.
    Ralph

2. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

x2 Best post so far

3. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Well said Ralph !!

4. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

I apoligize Paul, he came on here to ask advice.... ::).....so my advice isnt using baggies unless there's some C-4 in them........Tim, I feel the same way but I'm not stooping to his level.....yet anyway.... I believe his peers in the profession he writes articles for would frown on his reaction and behavior REGARDLESS of what was posted. It will all blow over but the egg on his face (over the black paint) will remain.....I'm embarrassed for him actually.......JMO

5. Well said Ralph, but you will probably catch hell for this though.

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I agree. If it weren't for free advice, none of us would be where we are. But there is a difference in free advice that is accurate, and free advice that will lead someone down a bad path. This free advice is a bad path. Just Monday, I spent my whole day giving free advice to someone who came and spent the entire day with me, but I can assure you, Free as it was, I didn't lead him down a bad path. So, you don't make a comment and someone thinks this is the way to do it because they're new also and take this advice as being solid and they screw the pooch and loose a cape. Didn't help anyone then did it? If I'm a Jack-ass, that's ok. I can live with that. But if one person reads this and says, hey....maybe I shouldn't put baggies around my entire ear, then maybe I helped them save a cape with my Free advice coming from a Jack-ass. 8)

7. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

You are a long way from a jack-ass in my book. You are right bad advice is given every day. We as "intelligent" people need to know which advice to take and what skills we have. One of the greatest things that ever happened to me is to come to terms with who and what I am. I would bet this guy does not know. Now don't' get me wrong I test my boundaries every day but I do my homework first.
    Ralph

8. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    I love your posts TIM! I hope all is well my friend. I have a couple buddies that just moved to St Louis for work, I gave them the link to death and destructions place so they should have 2 new members in the next month!

9. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

I had to look twice.... SHEWWWWW I thought this was posted in the tutorials,. He mustve slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

10. antlerman

I hope all is well my friend. I have a couple buddies that just moved to St Louis for work, I gave them the link to death and destructions place so they should have 2 new members in the next month!

Thanks, all is well. Still trying to muddle thru with the insurance companies after the fire, but it will be ok I guess. Ribbon cutting tomorrow with the Mayor and Alderman at the new gym. We might be on tv. LOL Thanks for the referral.

11. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Look Tim, you need to slow down just a bit and tell us exactly how you REALLY feel.

12. quest

quest Active Member

Utah
    kkirkemtp you lost it with your attack post.

13. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

My thought was inline with Tim's. And I never once thought that this site was originally set up for free help. What makes this guy think that? I always thought it was set up for taxidermists To talk about taxidermy. The free help is just a by product of that.

14. quest

quest Active Member

Utah
    I would have just went with the flow some were having fun.

15. antlerman

I ain't got time to write a fricking book G. LOL ;)

16. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Sounds like someone is wet behind the ears,,,,,

17. The majority of your post are in the beginners section and you've been giving up info freely to the non-taxidermist for about 2 1/2 years now. So my question is, if you never once thought that this site (Taxidermy.net) was originally set up for free help, then why do you give it up so freely?

18. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Now that's about as dumb a question as I've heard. We give answers to the humble and thirsty. If you don't give to your favorite charity, then that's on you. If you have some issue as to why we give answers, maybe you shouldn't ask questions. Tanglewood's reply about the site is correct. It has grown phenomenally in 11 years because of PROFESSUONAL TAXIDERMISTS.

19. antlerman

We give answers to the humble and thirsty.

KEY WORDS

20. Beartowntaxi

Beartowntaxi New Member

Come on SpringCreek, don't you know that George is always giving things. If not check out his ride.

Attached Files: