1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What happened to turkey of the month

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by maj1969, Jan 12, 2014.

1. maj1969

maj1969 New Member

MO
    One of my favorite threads seems to be gone, anybody know why? Something happen to Brett?

2. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

I wonder what happen I completely forgot about it thanks for reminding me

3. full fan

full fan New Member

Same here I do know Brett has been busy with the kids, his Dad & there computer crash a few weeks ago. All ways like seeing everyone's work & help people any way I can. So may be we can try it again. I'm not sure how to post pictures on here so have to get the wife to do that, but will see what I can do to get it started.

4. capnmike

capnmike New Member

Thats the main thing I checked the bird section for. I will host the thread if it is ok with everybody and when Brett gets time he can jump on and share his knowledge. I know he is super busy.

Sent from my XT910 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

5. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Go for it capnmike, Im sure Brett will not mind. I agree, it's a great post we all need.

6. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Here you go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. WOW

8. capnmike

capnmike New Member

Very very nice birds!

9. full fan

full fan New Member

Nice John as all ways.

10. wow...AWESOME turkeys BIRDSONLY ! :D

11. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Thanks for all the compliments! Full fan, you bringing anything to the NWTF National comp. this time around? I have a couple of pieces myself.

12. full fan

full fan New Member

John way to much customer stuff to try & get done, I will see you there.

13. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

I'm with ya Full Fan, that's why I'm planning to use the customers birds for the competition. Look forward to seeing you.

14. capnmike

capnmike New Member

I was planning on going but I had to spend over a grand on vet bills so im gonna have to stay home.

15. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

I totally understand capnmike, not like the ribbons pay a lot. lol... The publicity and the experience is worth the trip though.

16. rmann

rmann Member

Are you totally certain that those turkeys are not alive, that is crazy real, I used to raise them and they got pretty close if they were angry, and that last head shot brings back some good and some scary memories, beautiful work,

17. maj1969

maj1969 New Member

MO
    That's what I'm talking about!! Nice birds birds only, as always. Got some birds in the freezer, needed some inspiration. Be good to get read going again maybe Brett and some of you other top dogs can take turns hosting it?

18. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Very nice John.Your work is always inspiring .

I always enjoy seeing other peoples work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. wings II

wings II New Member

Wow, Great Work on the big birds. I hope y'all can get this going full time again....great thread with great artists tackling a tough subject.

20. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Good looking birds Mr Stehling! Love following your work. I will attempt to post a bird each week and will tag it "This Weeks Turkey". Under it, post your turkey mounts if you have them. I also encourage critiques on my birds, I can and am always willing to learn.