1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hide too big for form, but measurements are correct

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by ripgere, Jan 13, 2014.

1. ripgere

ripgere New Member

Texas
    I know this is going to sound confusing. I ordered a form with the correct neck, and eye to nose measurements. However, the hide is loose around the jaw/ eye area, the skull cap area form is not wide enough for hide, and the length of the hide down the neck line is long, and reference points don't align correctly (i.e. The brisket area). I have never had this problem before. What is the best fix for this? Do I build up the face area with clay, for instance. I searched the forum, but did not find a good answer for my dilemma. Thanks!

2. silverbuck

silverbuck New Member

How about a change out head !!

3. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Pin, tuck, taxi, caulk! It will go. Got pics?

4. SHERMAN

SHERMAN New Member

there is two ways to stretch a hide. one way is for length which will enlonglate the cape, the other is for width which will make the cape shorter in length but you gain in neck size allowing you to order a larger size form taking up some of your head problems and also solving your length problem also

5. That is why its called taxidermy, taxi the skin over the next few days to fit the form.

6. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

7. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

I would have to see that to give any advise.......A proper fit will be loose but, the way you describe it, maybe the form is too small (or not).......
    Does the nose seem to be the same size from front corner to front corner of the nostril?