1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wire support for cupped mallard ?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by RedTx, Jan 13, 2014.

1. RedTx

RedTx New Member

So ive done enough birds that I should just give it a try but I wanted to ask here first. I have a customer that wants his mallard coming straight out of the wall cupped. I personally dont like this mount but thats what he wants. Im unsure how to put in the support wire through he breast and out the back with out pinning the skin before I taxi it?

Anyways here are some pics of what im talking about. If you got any suggestions I sure would appreciate it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RichMO

RichMO Active Member

I've used the Ray Murphy attachment for ducks and receintly on a Snow Goose. I talked with Ray and he suggested two wires but one worked great. Mounted the bird completely then just put him on the wire. His attachments are sold through Joe Coombs.

3. I just stick the wire through the ducks skin on the back come all the way through your bird body bend wire and put it back into bird body on the belly then hot glue wire to the body on belly, flip duck over and sew belly up hope this helps good luck

4. snowkillerlssu

snowkillerlssu New Member

I cut a hole in the form where I want the wire. Mount the duck, rough it in and cut the skin where the wire attaches. Slide the wire in and bondo or hot glue it it. Then u can more the skin anywhere you want still. No spots where its pinned in. Works great.

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

5. Dark Man

Dark Man Active Member

Attach your support wire to the driftwood, or whatever you are using. ,then slap him on the wire in the desired position,once he's on there start grooming and carding,etc