1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Decisions!?!?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by josh s., Jan 15, 2014.

1. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

With all the stuff on the market its hard to keep track of everything going on sometimes. I get into a rut of always ordering from Mackenzie bc its convenient. They always treat me right, don't get me wrong but with my next few birds I would like to try some new things....or maybe not. So my question is....what bird heads are top notch?? I'm wanting to try my first open mouth mallard...do I need to buy a tongue? I know in the past I've used heads that were just fine. Just curious I guess as to what others are using....thanks in advance for any input...i know sometimes these questions get repetitive :/
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Ohub Campfire mobile app

2. you should try heads and bodies from Ted Weyenberg at Works of art Taxidermy ( he does have a web site )
    top of the line, the tongue comes with the head,
    you will not be sorry

3. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Ill definitely check them out! Thank you!!

4. X2 on Ted's bodies and heads. Top notch. Just my opinion

5. x3 on Ted's heads(and bodies too) :)

6. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Okay heard enough!!! Ordering today lol!!

7. You made a good decision, I was going to X 4 lol!

8. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

I know you made your mind up but........ Teds heads are the best I have used not only are they top notch but he ships them in individual bubble wrap packages so they are not all chipped up when you get them. They take paint the best because of the material he uses to cast them.
    You won't be sorry once you try them, right Ted??

9. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

I'll break ranks and recommend the heads Page Nethercutt makes. HQ sells them. He has more open mouth heads than anyone on the market. They are top quality

10. When ordering Ted's heads, hit him up for his new pheasant body ;D. Tell him Ryan said so. Just another awesome product from Ted. Later Ryan

11. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

I like Corey Caruthers heads out of Matuska :)

12. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

I agree Coreys heads vand bodies work great.