1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

SCAT Taxidermy show

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by hunter4ever, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Hey Bill,
    I know "yall ben livin in Jar-ja for a few now", Just wanted to know if we need to have an interpreter handy for you in case you haven't quite caught on to "Southern " yet.
    Lookin fard ta meet'n yoo at the SCAT show.
    John Clarke

2. Carl my daughter that was with me at big rock show wanted to mount a deer after genes seminar so I got her a cape ready give her a set of horns and she done a heck of a job for a first and from a 10 yr old I'm a proud dad. Billy

3. james shipman

james shipman New Member

I'll be there

4. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Getting real excited, not much longer! Does SCAT have any sort of welcome party /hospitality room.. What is the word I'm looking for... Hang out with friends? Being that it isn't being held AT a hotel, and we will be spread out among several hotels, it might be a little trickier. But I wanted to ask. Didn't want to be left in the dark if there were any plans for Friday night.

5. scandler

scandler New Member

welp , i decided to come on down as well . be there with bells on ! i want have anything to bring cause grover ask me not to , he said that he needed me to haul all of his awards back in my truck for him so this year he has a chance ! LOL goodluck to everyone and look foward to seeing you all.

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Let me know about the fun parties anyway! ...585-637-2450!

7. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Yeah I wanna hang out with some old friends or meet some new ones after I enter my pieces Friday (probably arriving around 5). My # is 704-682-8722

8. scandler

scandler New Member

couple of us have a big room at one of the hotels and will probably have a little fun so all is welcome to attend including you (bill and amy). we did it last year in my room but it was a little small so hopefully the bigger room will be a little nicer

9. scandler

scandler New Member

also , we all generally go out to eat after the business meeting at some local steak house so all are welcome to join us

10. Sounds good Scott that's nice of you to offer to take us all out to eat I will be sure to skip lunch so I will be real hungry. Look forward to seeing all yal again Billy

11. joey P Holmes

joey P Holmes New Member

I may try to ride down Saturday. Would like to see if any of the old timers are around and maybe meet the new folks.

12. scandler

scandler New Member

come on down joey, look foward to meeting you. your meals for the dinner friday night will be on your own tab not mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Joey P. Holmes?
    I thought you fell into your pickle drum years ago. Good pickle I guess. I think I last saw you at Buckhead I believe when Dawn Crews did a Black Bear Shoulder Mount Seminar. Come on down it will be good to see you again.
    John Clarke

14. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Does anyone have a list of awards that will be offered? I don't receive the newsletters and there is limited info on the website. Just curious!

15. scandler

scandler New Member

Their are all of the BOC awards, DU awards, NWTF awards, people's choice , breakthrough, mckenzie, best all around and I'm sure I'm missing something but this is pretty close

16. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Looks to be a nasty rainy day tomorrow. Safe travels to everyone coming to the show. If it is pouring rain I hope there will be a dry unloading spot for the mounts. I got a couple bigger pieces I might need a little help getting out of the car and set up.

17. joey P Holmes

joey P Holmes New Member

Think I am just going to stay here and try to get some things done. Somebody take lots of pictures.