1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Ear Wizard

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by bushytailhunter, Jan 17, 2014.

1. The Ear Wizard is a fantastic foot operated ear opening tool. No more sore hands. If you would like to open a deer ear in less than a minute this is the tool to have. You can see it, and its operation on youtube, just enter Ear Wizard to see 3 videos. I have 6 ready to be shipped. $150 total anywhere in the US. I take paypal, or money order. Thanks Gary PM me or call 1-717-762-1103

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I have one and love it.

3. deathwind

deathwind New Member

Gary, I just wanted to let you know that mine arrived a couple days ago. Thanks for the quick service.

4. Thats great, If you have any questions on how to use it or anything let me know.

5. Phillip King

Phillip King New Member

Mark

6. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

Tried to PM you, but doesn't seem to be working. I will call you, I live in Harrisburg, PA and may be interested in one if I can pick it up to save shipping.

7. Looks like it works pretty slick!!

8. I pm you. You can pic it up if you wish.

9. Ya they work great. I wouldn't use anything else, I really never used any other tool. I built this when I started in taxidermy because I was young and had no money and my father owned a welding shop so I made everything I could out of metal.

10. deathwind

deathwind New Member

I just bought one of these and I've only done about six deer so far but this thing is awesome. My main reason for buying this is because I just had carpel tunnel surgery on both hands. This works very well and has no strain on my hands. This takes out all of the work on turning ears

11. Thanks deathwind.

12. Big Tine

Big Tine have a great day

Bought one 5 years ago and its one of the best investments I have made, it will save you aolt of time.

13. Thanks big tine A lot of guys are missing out on a good tool.

14. OUr southern deers ears are so badly scarred by ticks, that sometimes the skin is so thin. Has anyone down south bought one and if so how well does it work on these deer. By scarred I mean zero hair, just skin.

15. I have the same problem up here in indiana also. Ours have lots of scaring from the ticks also. Wondering how it works on this problem

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. I don't know. The only thing I can say is I have sold them in the south. My own opinion would be they would work better because you would have more control, you can go as fast or slow as you would want, and you can open the tool slow and if you see it's tearing you could stop. Here in PA everyone cuts a big slit in the ear to put the tag in. I can open right through that slit with no problem. I just glanced over at my records. I have sold more than one to the following states GA,SC,TX,AK, CA,FL I think I have sold them to almost every state and Canada. There may be a few I haven't but not too many.

17. cheapguy

cheapguy New Member

I have used mine for a few years now. A lot of the deer here have the same scar issues. I have had mixed results with it on the scaring, but I don't think there is a tool out there that can open those ears without blowing them out. Even on really bad ears this tool will get the ear started easier than anything else I have tried. On the really bad ears I just go as far as I can with it than finish them by hand.

18. Monette Taxidermy

Monette Taxidermy New Member

Markin

19. AKwilder

AKwilder Member

Do they work good on moose? If so they would save a ton of time.