1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Do not use western skies tannery in utah!!!

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by andykay1, Jan 18, 2014.

1. andykay1

andykay1 New Member

I've only delt with western skies twice in my life and I won't ever deal with them again. I took an elk cape to them and was charged 230$ for a wet tan and to flesh and split and turn. My wife picked it up and payed for it in full. When I opened it up to look at it I discovered countless cuts and holes all around the face, nose, mouth, and eyes. Also two pretty large spots on the shoulder the hair had slipped. Bad deal. I tried to reason with them and get some sort of compensation and I was basically told to go away and leave them alone. If you have any desire at all to have a good reputation do not deal business with western skies fur dressers in utah. I can provide pictures if your curious. Just my two scents hopefully I can save you guys some trouble in the future.

2. engc237

engc237 Active Member

what town they in

3. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

H&H only!!

4. andykay1

andykay1 New Member

They are in grantsville utah

5. sstocker

sstocker New Member

my two cents worth - we have been using western skies exclusively for several years they handle all of our African hides and all of our exotics as well as north american animals - they have always produced top notch work - keep in mind they have no control of the condition the hide comes to them in - every now and then a hide has a problem but they have always treated us fairly. we avg about 8000 a year with them would not trust them with that kind of volume if they did not produce.

everyone has different experiences but that's my two cents :)

6. Bow Man

Bow Man New Member

And I thought I was poor.I gots 11 cents!!!!!

7. Huntinplace

Huntinplace New Member

Just started using Western Skies, hides do not have holes and ears turned easily. I will be a repeat customer. :) May 2014