1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

blesbok question

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by iggletaxi08, Jan 20, 2014.

1. iggletaxi08

iggletaxi08 Member

i have a 21" blesbok cape and i have searched through every catalog and every website i know about for a form for it and the largest i have found is 19" my question is : does anybody know of a company that makes one this big or would it be ok to use a hartebeste manikin.

2. Just alter the form to fit, enlarge the neck some. A Hartebeest will look like a Hartebeest.

3. iggletaxi08

iggletaxi08 Member

ok thanks that answers my question, i have not seen either of these animals up close, and this is my first african, i just noticed they looked similar.

4. Reference My Freind,Lots of good FREE pictures of Blesbok .Look under Reference on this thread.Africans are fun to mount but vyou need to know what they look like before trying to mount them.

5. iggletaxi08

iggletaxi08 Member

thank you, i will be researching.

6. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Most African form manufacturers give one neck measurement usually at the atlas or tight around ears. That 19 inch may be 21 or bigger a few inches down the form making it a lot bigger then you thought.