1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Made me sick

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Andrew L., Jan 20, 2014.

1. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

I couldn't believe it when I seen this deer and the guy wanted a european mount (his wife doesn't like shoulder mounts). I almost cried. Lol! The picture don't do this buck justice. We roughly scored him in the 180s.

[​IMG]

2. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

Man, that sucks. Buck of a lifetime. I believe the wife would be overruled on that decision.

3. Time for a new wife

4. Mark in IL

Mark in IL New Member

Had a friend of mine shoot one like that a couple of years ago. His wife was just the opposite, she begged him to get it mounted. He just cut out the skull plate and tossed the antlers in the garage. Oh well......

5. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Agreed. My dad shot this bull last year and did the same thing. My vote is for a new wife. Worst part is someday it will be mine and I will have to find a cape to fit it. It had a major deformed pedicle that isn't in the right spot on it's left side.

Attached Files:

6. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

Oh I know it. I still can't believe it!

Rausch, thats sucks...it's a really nice elk!

7. Bill LaCoe

Bill LaCoe New Member

I would've overruled the wife and prepared the couch for long term sleeping.

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Easier to get a new wife that to ever harvest a buck like that again in your lifetime.

9. i just don't understand people sometimes

10. antlerwoman

antlerwoman NTA Convention 2016

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=360010.0;attach=167674;image ;D

11. Boxie

Boxie New Member

What a shame,,,,and antlerwoman>>>good idea

12. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    The beauty of it is, when and if he grows a set and puts his foot down, you can find him a cape and make money on this deal twice. I've had similar situations in the past. You just got to smile accept his money and move on.

13. Mason

Mason Active Member

Lot of folks going with the cheaper cost of euros these days.

14. Whitetailfreak84

Whitetailfreak84 New Member

Glad I don't have that problem with mounts yet :D Hope I kill a buck like that , I would go ahead and pack my bags and call a UHaul ;) well hopefully yet get to mount it up later on down the road.

X2 ]

16. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

I'm better those of you married would not ditch your wife (or hubby!) over a mount, no matter what you say on here that they can't see....LOL

I like euro mounts, but I like them with the lower jaw - but that's just me.

I also have nothing against shoulder mounts, but I'm betting a lot of people are opting for the 'cheaper' euro nowadays with the way things are.

17. tem

tem Well-Known Member

I have a lot of customers lately request the euro with the lower jaw. more money to me.

18. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

What kills me about those head cut off's is a good and maybe giant cape just went to waste.

19. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

In my case I skinned that elk for a lifesize while I was quartering it for the pack out and made a few hundred bucks on the deal so it wasn't all bad.

20. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

X3!

Least you got something out of it anyways, Rausch.