1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Do i have too high of expectations?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 8Point, Jan 22, 2014.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Well Thank You. Since we haven't had time to celebrate Christmas yet, I know...it's almost February, but we have all been running in 10 different directions because of the gym move and then the fire, so maybe it's not to late to tell Santa to add it to my Christmas wish list. LOL

2. The Ojibwa

The Ojibwa Member

Ohio
    I feel your pain...the better you get at taxidermy, the higher your expectations become and subsequently, the harder you are on yourself!

Taxidermy was so easy as a 12 year old kid...as long as the hide got on the form and there was a set of antlers, it looked pretty darn good to me! Now, I have to have my fiance tell me I'm not a hacksadermist 15 years later lol.

Glad to see even some of our senior members on the forum having/had the same issues

3. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

I have done all my deer for years burr to burr and given seminars on how to do it. Any other way is just a wast of time.... For as your seem gos. you need your cape as thin and as dry that you can stand it with good glue. And the right manikin.

4. silverbuck

silverbuck New Member

Have you shown it on here Doug how to do burr to burr ??

5. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

If I read it right and these are "customer" mounts you are talking about, then yes, you should worry about it. I would NEVER send a customer home with a 1/4" space between stitches or a 3/8" gap under the antler burr - unless I wanted to lose customers. I would definitely stop taking customer mounts until you figure out your mistakes. JMHO.