1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

need some HELP

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by dog sick, Jan 25, 2014.

1. dog sick

dog sick Member

nj.
    I pulled a gifted teal out of freezer. dummy me I don't have a body for it. don't know how to make one. can I flesh wash refreeze ? help done want to lose they were gifted and look real good for a shot bird any help

2. Of course you can skin, flesh, wash, rinse, and re-freeze. Just add water in a freezer bag, and allow to freeze. Pull it out, thaw, dry, and you're redy to mount. Actually most people do it this exact way.

Basically at any point you can do this. Actually a semi dry skin can go in the freezer to be thoroughly dried the following day and then mounted. Just place a wet paper towel skin side and put in a freezer bag.

No better way to learn in my opinion, on how to make a body. You will have the carcass right there. I say give it a whirl. Even if that means re-shaping a larger mannikin to suit your needs.

3. dog sick

dog sick Member

nj.
    THANKS Guys

4. Being part time I mount all my birds in stages, the next to last stage includes me washing and drying the bird after which I place it in the freezer. As long as I get to it within a couple weeks I've had no problem with freezer burn.

5. webfoot123

webfoot123 New Member

A teal is the perfect size duck to learn how to wrap a body for if you ever wanted too wrap a body its really not that hard