1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rebranding and priorities

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Becky P, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

As the old timers here know, after being a long time taxinet member and poster, I've been MIA. Business wise things were going well then they kinda fell off the table. I've done a lot, A LOT, of soul searching the last year. There were many external factors that I could attribute to the decline - economy, drought, rumors that I went out of business, another shop in a neighboring county with a similar name was causing people to call me thinking I had their stuff, dealing with everyone else's problems (I'm a rock or therapist, LOL, ya know) BUT I finally realized that's not it, at least not all of it or even the biggest part of it. What it was, was I tried to let business take care of itself while I was dealing with a ton of personal stuff and overloaded myself with a bunch of other things that really weren't beneficial, lost my passion, let work slip. In other words, I didn't have my priorities in order. They are in order now. I let a lot of things go, some were much harder to let go of than others, but now that they are, I feel much freer and refocused. I'll be rebranding myself with a new name, new logo, renewed dedication, and new outlook.
    Oh, and I'm back here too ;) so you're just going to have to deal with me again. Hey Michael P, ya wanna argue? But it won't be over credit cards this time, I accept them now, hehe :D

2. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I wondered where a few of you ladies went.You, Bobbi, TrixieMcGee, some others. Glad you were able to work thru your troubles and are recharged. Just in time to knock 2014 on it's azz. Go Get'em !

3. Becky P

Thanks! ;)

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Mornin Darlin. Glad to see you back "home". Sounds like you went through your first major burn out. Any of us who've been in this for a few weeks know that our "give a ship" factor sometimes zeroes out. When it does, the tough weather through it, the weak find some other way to abuse themselves. I hope it was your last, but I fear if you stay with it for the long haul, you'll have other times almost as bad. I've been on one for about 3 years now. LOL Hang in there, you can do it.

5. Becky P

Thanks George. It's kind of comforting knowing others have been through it. Hope yours doesn't last too much longer, mine lasted about 4 years.

6. Non-Typical_IL

Non-Typical_IL Member

Becky,
    Great to come across another gal on here!
    Best wishes!

7. Becky P

Hi, Non-Typical. Thanks. I used to be a regular here but left for a while. How long you been doing taxidermy? I started back in 1993.

8. Non-Typical_IL

Non-Typical_IL Member

Oh Becky, not nearly that long!!! Though it was around 1993 when I did my first few as part of my FFA project in high school. Been several years and have just started again here in the past year. With the 2 lil' ones running around here, makes it a bit interesting on timing.
    Always learning!!! :)

9. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Good to see you back, Becky. I too have been MIA for several years, popping in here and there. Had a case of the burn out and two babies, that'll do it. But there is light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm doing more this year than I have since 2009. Finally feeling that spark again .. I hope you do too.

10. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

Welcome back, Becky. Guess all us girls got a little busy! I've been in and out of here a little, but things just got so darn crazy. My excuse is I'm buying my first house, and rehabbing it. I'm exhausted ...

11. Becky P

Yep, you've had your hands full with the little ones!

12. Becky P

Congrats on the house! You'll have to post before and after pics.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. rodlrock

rodlrock Mold Maker HQ Taxidermy Supply.

Glad to see you back Becky on here. I am just as you , George and Amy.I am in burn out with my photography.Too much on my mind and no time to deal with it all.
    Some times the grass is greener on the other side only because it's been painted.

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Welcome back honey.... I'm on the couch today myself burned out..... but sometimes taking a day off for no other reason than your the boss & can do so if you want motivates you :)

15. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Good to see you back!!!

16. Becky P

Thanks for the welcomes, they mean a lot.
    I went down to the records department today and changed the business name. Now to get it changed every where else, lol.
    Here's the new name/logo:

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attached Files:

17. Non-Typical_IL

Non-Typical_IL Member

Nice!!!

18. Becky P

Thanks!

19. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're back and wish the best for you. Do you still have Dusty and your SS? And remember, that the next knife you get for hubby should be pearl handle. You already got him the stag.....lol. Good Luck Becky!!!

20. Becky P

Good memory! Yes, I still have Dusty and the SS - neither of those are going anywhere ;)