1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Urethane foam

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by hunted trophies, Jan 26, 2014.

1. What is the best density foam to use and is there anyplace besides the taxidermy suppliers to get a better deal

2. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Yes do a google search. Its US something as I can't remember right now. But I doubt you will save alot unless you need a couple gallons.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LOL Taxidermy suppliers don't make foam. Try Jameson Company. They sell it in gallon, 5 gallon, and 55 gallon quantities.

4. Nick7

Nick7 New Member

Most foams are made with 4 pound density. You can get away with 2 pound density but all depends what your trying to make.

5. I use smooth on foam it 5 for everything. Good structure for form work yet decent expansion for base work. I never buy from taxidermy suppliers.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. Huggs

Huggs Member

US Composites has 4different lb varieties

7. kdogg_4

kdogg_4 Member

I have done searches for foam and seems what I have found was taxi suppliers were about the same price.. Marking, I want to see what everyone else finds.. Doug B Where are you getting your Foam It 5 and how much?? Thanks Kevin

8. webfoot123

webfoot123 New Member

Kdogg 4 I think Doug sells smooth on products

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LOL. And we won't get it for the same price Doug gets his either.

10. I order all mine from Jameson I just got some in yesterday and it was 328.00 delivered to my door here Idaho per 5 gallon kit. I use it for bases and form alterations and get the 3.0 density.

11. I don't get any special pricing G. I pay just like everyone else. Expect $90 per gallon or something close.

12. Oh and I don't sell Smoothon either. I just like the product.

13. Frank James

Frank James New Member

Try Sticky Stuff....in Az.....623-847-2444. They mix a special 3lb if u ask

14. sidekick

sidekick New Member

Research Mannikins in Eugene, Oregon have a 3lb density foam. They sell it in gallons and smaller quantities. I've used it. Works well.