1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Photographing mounts

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Joe Simmons, Jan 28, 2014.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Good point Mac except when your as blind as a bat like I am. Recently I was shooting pictures in a dimly lite room at an event and had to keep asking the guy next to me if the photo I had just took looked clear or out of focus. AF saved the day. REALLY...it's time for a pair of bifocals. I don't care what they say, this getting old chit sucks. :-[ :'(

2. slater56

slater56 Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I currently use a Nikon Coolpix. Not crazy with it's picture quality but I'm sure it's due to the operator.

3. JohnC - regarding the "blue ring" you are getting with your Nikon shots, the only thing I could find out is that excessive UV light will create that ring.

"Since cameras are more sensitive to ultraviolet light than our eyes are, a blue haze may appear in pictures taken when there is excessive UV light. A UV filter can reduce atmospheric haze when it is caused by blue radiation and ultraviolet. Since our eyes cannot see this part of the spectrum, UV filters, also known as skylight or haze filters, are recommended for all outdoor shooting. A UV filter protects your camera lens from scratches, dust, dirt, moisture and fingerprints, while reducing unwanted ultra-violet light." I use a UV / polarizing filter (same filter for fishing sunglasses) and it makes a tremendous difference.

Hope that helps.

Mac

4. IT was not a blue ring as it was a blue hue in the film, a pro photographer told me the Japanese film ad more silver it. Using the Kiodak gold brought back the warmer tones to the pic. I have skylight filters for the film camera. Just have not used them withthe digital as I can photoshop it out.

I have Adobe elements 9.0 and light room 3.2 but sure have had a hard time learnign to use them.