1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First turtle

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by vincer15, Jan 28, 2014.

1. vincer15

vincer15 New Member

My first snapping turtle.Did I get anything right.

Attached Files:

• 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      74.2 KB
      Views:
    • 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      74.2 KB
      Views:
  2. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Well, it's a turtle. ;) Your pictures are so small. I'll try to give you a little insight. The one question you asked is, did you get anything right? The answer is, can you find a reference picture that your turtle looks like? We both know the answer to that question. If you can show a real living turtle that looks like your mount then you have gotten things right. One of the BEST things to do is to get great reference shots of the over all species you are working on and individual parts of it's body, i.e. each leg, neck, tail and head as example. Using the pictures look at each body part and try your best to replicate exactly how you see it. Do NOT guess. Use what you have in front of you and you will come closer than you ever thought on getting it better. Knowing the procedures on how to do something and being able to do it are 2 different things. Good Luck and make sure you let me know when you post your 2nd one, because if you take the advise I just gave you, it blow this one out of the water easily. :)

3. vincer15

vincer15 New Member

Thanks for the reply.I know the position looks strangeWhat I'm planning on doiing with this turtlle is having half of it's neck and head stick out of a piece of plexiglass.Then I'm goiing to do a splash scene around it ahd mount a teal jumping off the water,with it's foot in the turtles mouth. I'll try to post a better picture when I finish the piece

4. Ingesecition

Ingesecition New Member

Good I have a 75in tank so I will possibly be getting a turtle in spring