1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What happened to the National Taxidermist Association

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Jim August, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Jim August

Jim August Member

Does anyone know what is going on with the NTA?
    I have been a lif member for many years, and have not received Outllook since last spring.
    Someone told me that the Crains have been fired.
    Could not find anything on this Forum.
    Thank You for any info.

2. dcooper

dcooper Member

When you have a few hours to kill ;D, type in "Crains" in the search field and you'll have plenty to read about the NTA and what has been going on.

3. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Jim
    There is supposed to be a Board Meeting the end of February in Arkansas ?????????? I haven't received a renewal notice as of now and everyone I know that is/was a member hasn't received one either.

4. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Go to page 6 of the taxidermy industry and look for "where did the NTA go" that should answer your questions, as that's the last of what's going on.

5. I got a renewal notice in the mail about a month ago.

Bruce

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I know I've gotten a lot more work done by not worrying about 13 grown people who look at themselves & not a 'membership'.

7. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

I got a renewal notice two weeks ago...tossed it out with the rest of the junk mail.

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

They contacted me about judging, for whatever thats worth.

Jim, you couldnt find anything on this forum??? As a mod here, I kept hearing about how much NTA stuff was here all the time! hahaha.

9. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

as long as the crains are not in power they have lost....maybe the death of the NTA was worth it to get rid of the cancer that was the crains....its just sad the host had to die along with it

10. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

I say lets let it go and get Larry to do a world show each year , one east and one west of the mississippi

11. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

looks like in this case the head and the body will be gone

12. RichMO

RichMO Active Member

While I have not thrown away my renewal card I have not sent it in either. When the big push was there to increase the membership I thought it was the right thing to do. After receiving my membership paper, decal and a bunch of 10% off coupons I decided to just wait and see..... Now that one year has passed and I have not herd from them, can't log on to the web site I guess it's time to let a dead dog lie. I am now wondering what in reality have they really accomplished over the years besides holding a competition and trade show? (I'm sure they did things in the back round but what and did they really help the taxidermy industry).

13. No renewal notice for me or my family,,,,,,, I have decided to wait and see now. A lot of us put a ton of time in to right the ship & now , not sure what's happening. I guess my membership money will go to UTA this year. Just my two cents.

Gregg

14. Mailing Address: National Taxidermists Association
    PO Box 549
    Green Forest, AR 72638
    Phone: 855-772-8543
    Fax: 870-438-4218
    Email: [email protected]

Here is what is happening and why you have not heard much.

1. Yes the Crains are gone now and forever.

2. Yes we are in litigation with the Crains.

3. We received nothing not a damn thing from the Crains. No one good address, not one computer with the info on it. Matter of fact we did manage to get one computer back and the computer tech says the hard drive was replaced.

4. We are rebuilding totally from scratch.

5. We have TERF. We have the Lifetime member fund and the CF EF.

6. Rich, one year will be in MAY 2014!!! There is no log in to the website and has not been for months. http://www.nationaltaxidermists.com/

So we have been rebuilding the list of taxidermist from scratch. With Volunteers (these people have other things going on in their life, but are doing a great job.

As we struggle to fix this mess the people had so many skeletons hidden in so many closets and we find more weekly.

7. Yes there is a bylaw committee working on updating the bylaws to work in conjunction with state laws.

8. We have last years book keeping at a CPA's for verification so we can file the 990's (this would never have happened had it not been for Harry Whitehead!!!! Thank you Harry for all your hard work!!! The CPA is being privately paid for. and NO ONE is doing this to rip anything off from anyone. It just takes time.

9. We have found a printer for the Outlook but without a membership list there is not one reason to take it to publishing.

10. Look the reasons can go on and on, I know people will want to complain while other just want something to bitch about, now if this seems like a rash statement please understand. If you want to donate your time and money like the rest of the board has to right the ship, you are welcome to jump right in!!!

Everytime I have come on here to make a statement to explain what is going on, people want to just attack me and the NTA. Nothing we are doing is under handed, its all going to be published what has went on someday when the lawsuit is settled one way or another.

11. Since the change of Sec. treas a few months back, we have found no copies of the AD and D insurance. We have worked and worked to find the policy and the company, Well we found the company and we are suspicious to say the lest of them.

(Someone has spread the rumor that the Accidental Death and Dismemberment is a life insurance policy. Well its not unless you die in some type of accident. IT always has been an AD&D policy, nothing else.)

12. We are beginning the planning of the 2014 Convention, because the former ED. signed a contract and we have to pay for the place and space wither or not we use it.

Tim Antlerman you know more about the hearing than I do. I have not heard anything other than what you posted and in fact you posted something I have not heard about.

Sadly yes everyone wants something and it seems everyone wants something from the President. I assure you there is not any spare time for him to sit down or his own.

That is why you surround yourself with people who can and will do other jobs. You know yourselves there is only so much time in a day. Only so much you can do with that time.

Plus the fact than in the case with the NTA, we can only move so fast, ideas have been kicked around about elections when the lawsuit is over, numbers of board members, etc.

We are seven months into reorganizing this things that was/is a total mess, Yes we the board have made a few mistakes, (Dont go there you nay sayers and you can step right up and volunteer to help)

Rich mentioned what has the NTA done? Well there was that thing raised by Kantor in Missouri. one member is headed to represent us for the second year at the SCI. and there is more but it goes without saying little things add up.

We welcome POSITIVE IN PUT!!!

15. I am a life member too almost as long as George has been. 118 for me.

Tim you see the address at the top on my post write it, send the membership list you have.

16. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

I can't believe nobody in power has a copy of the last Outlook that had the membership list in it . I know the regular members section is no longer valid BUT there was a LIFE member section that would help some.

17. If someone has a copy please send it to hq

Mailing Address:

National Taxidermists Association
    PO Box 549
    Green Forest, AR 72638
    Phone: 855-772-8543
    Fax: 870-438-4218

18. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

The set of books that I sent has a membership list with about 8000 names on it. IT IS NOT CURRENT but it does contain everyone's name and address that was involved in the last convention as well as everyone that was involved in the NTA around 2005-6. To get this list current will take a HUGE amount of work. Fred and I are taking a back seat while the current administration figures things out but in the meantime I am entering in figures from the past years, I'm up to year 2007. I've already entered in 2004-5 and 2005-6. As soon as this suit is over then it's time to go to work. While I agree that Mitch should come on here and say SOMETHING, I am still asking for people to have patience......GOD KNOWS I'VE BEEN PATIENT.......!

19. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Not to sound like a downer Tim, but they told you to go pack sand earlier now they want you to help send a list? You are better than I. I guess good people will always try to help even a really sick old dog.

20. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Ok, I disagree John. I seem to member a post telling us to let the experts take it from here..